I've fallen in love with...

Goldfish

There are lots of houses in France, and the more you look at the more you're likely to fall in love with.  My own instinct is to go for the place you love, rather than the bricks and mortar.  You can always move a few miles down the road and keep the friends and ties you make, but changing regions is more difficult.

I don't know the Limousin so I can't comment on the area.  You could be really happy there - but I'm not sure that the house itself should be the governing factor in your decision myself.

Dear Goldy (or should I call you Mrs Fish?)

Normandy is grand for the convenience of hopping over to lovely rural France and lovely beaches and lovely French culture, it's all there on the doorstep without the hassle and fear that now goes with flying, and I think that Normandy will get more popular with British buyers for that reason too, especially if it's for a holiday home. Even If I was going to live in France forever, it is still handy for the rellies to pop over and visit you and vicer verser. If  you have to leave any horses back in the England, it will be easier to visit them and all. So buy a lovely wooden house in Normandy, and do it now before they are all sold! Have you been to that lovely Basilique in Lisieux? The mosaics are stunning. Anyway, only you can decide, would you ask someone else to choose a husband for you? Would you ask Mrs Tresco to choose your wallpaper? Would you ask Bert to choose your twin set? I would never ask anyone else to choose a pug for me!

We have had our little place in the Correze for about 7 years and love the area even with the iffy weather it thows up at you.  One Easter we had snow and ice and in Winter the temperature can go down to minus 10, and when we got the keys for the first time the inside toilet was frozen solid and took 3 days to thaw out. (insulation has now helped)

BUT the people, scenery, food well everything about the place is to our liking and is well worth a punt.  We go walking in the woods and hardly see another person although we meet up with loads of wildlife and at the right time collect Chestnuts by the bag full.

We feel safe and secure whether we are in the confines of our place or out and about including late at night,  it has that air of old world charm which seems to be all too rare in the UK, mind you up here in Northumberland we are also very fortunate as it is Englands best kept secret.

Wherever you opt for enjoy France as it will give enjoyment back with interest.

Well I didn't expect to be chuckling all the way through my replies [:P] You lot are do keep me amussed!

I know which property I'm going for [:D]...if we can ever get intouch with the English agent

A beautiful house with 2 gites and a private beach [:D] I've never been to the area I have no idea where the nearest shops, schools or doctors are but...I love it. It's perfect! Way over our budget so lots of jigging and begging involved so not 100% we'll get it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...Although after seeing the beautiful windows on the red house I'm considering buying that instead [:p]

Goldfish...good luck,and I really hope your move goes well, with your new place being all that you and "the tribe" wish for.  If it's meant to be, it will be.

You inadvertantly helped to bring a little joy into what has been an otherwise rotten couple of days.

PS.

If me and my mates can help with the move when the times comes, let me know.[;-)]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Felloffthebackofalorry.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Goldfish"]

Lac de Saint-Pardoux 

[/quote]

Yes, the Limousin in great for those who love the country side and all that goes with it.

Wasn't sure whether to post this or not, but just check out the above lake.  I remember someone  having pulled out of a house sale around that area possibly in connection with a high radio active content in the lac from local uranium mines being under investigation.  There is something on Wikepedia about this if you do a search.  It would seem that they are going to drain the lake this year, and do so periodically to deal with the situation.  Good luck whatever you decide.

"Yes, the Limousin in great for those who love the country side and all that goes with it.

Wasn't sure whether to post this or not, but just check out the above lake.  I remember someone  having pulled out of a house sale around that area possibly in connection with a high radio active content in the lac from local uranium mines being under investigation." 

I too have been told this by friends who live in the area.

"I know which property I'm going for ...if we can ever get intouch with the English agent

A beautiful house with 2 gites and a private beach  I've never been to the area I have no idea where the nearest shops, schools or doctors are but...I love it. It's perfect! "

Best to go and do a recce then.[Www]

"Way over our budget so lots of jigging and begging involved so not 100% we'll get it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed."

[I]  Always make sure you have a contigency plan and enough dosh left to tide you over the lean times.

"..Although after seeing the beautiful windows on the red house I'm considering buying that instead "

It's under offer & has been since before Christmas but no one decided to update the site [:(]

I'd read something about the lakke being drained in 06 or 07 but it didn't say why. I'll look into that further thanks [:D]

Lol Weedon  I think we'll arrange our own removers...the kids were in stitches at that photo!

[quote user="Goldfish"]...It's under offer & has been since before Christmas but no one decided to update the site [:(] [/quote]

That happens a lot I'm afraid. It's sometimes because a house is for sale with more than one agent, and they don't keep each other informed.

Whatever the reason it's very disappointing.

Now you know and won't get caught out again, giving your heart away and all that.[:)]

Are you planning a trip over?

ETA; That last picture. I can see they might get the car in, but how on earth would they get it out again?