Problem with mice.

Matelot

"What's wrong with the little devil traps you get at brico for a couple of euros, very effective, very cheap."

Simon

Quote from original question:

"We are not overrun, but sometimes when our cottage has been closed for a few months, mice have caused some damage to furnishings and it’s not very nice to open up the cottage and discover dead and decomposing mice as a result of the poison we put down doing its deadly work."

Simon, If he is away for a few months at a time the OP would have the same problem with mouse traps .

I have just returned from a visit to the house, then little beggars have been eating my tea towels!!!!![:@] Have been to the supermarket and bought two boxes of the soupline fabric conditioner sheets and have left those sprinkled around everywhere! (have also left some poison out[6] ) So I'll see how we get on.....!

We have been using the fabric conditioner sheets since we read this and it seems to have solved the problem. The smell drives us bonkers though. We still haven't forgotten the mouse that my husband found in his pillowcase at the end of his siesta!

regards

Lisa

[quote user="Weedon"]

We bought our place (out in the country) 2 years before we moved out here permanently.  We spotted a tip in some magazine about a farmer who placed those wipey things that you put in the washing machine to make the clothes softer, into a vehicle stored in his barn, to keep the mice away.  We placed them on all the furniture, around the skirting and everywhere else we thought the little beasties might scuttle.  In those 2 years we never had a problem with mice in the house.

Might be worth a try as it appeared to work for us.

[/quote]

Now let's get this straight 'cos I want to get some  [:P].  Weedon says they go in the washing machine and he usually knows what he's talking about...

doesn't he.  [8-)]

[quote]Avec ******** voiles sèche-linge, procurez à toute votre famille le

plaisir du linge doux et parfumé. En utilisant ******** voiles

sèche-linge
vous rendez votre linge encore plus doux, encore plus

frais. En plus, les voiles ******** faciliteront le repassage de votre

linge qui contiendra moins d'électricité statique.

Pour les meilleurs résultats : 1 bouchon de ******** liquide pour le lavage + 1 voile ******** sèche-linge dans le sèche-linge.[/quote]

[quote user="fussy"]I know this is not the place to post this question, but as you are all talking about fabric conditioner SHEETS,apart from getting rid of mice, what are they supposed to be used for and where do they go.[/quote]

Here's what one website says about these sheets and the things that you can do with them.

http://www.freshliving.com/bounce.htm

Bounce is the best known make in the UK.  I'm not sure what the best 'marque' is in France.  They come in small sheets and you place them in the tumble dryer to prevent static and for their scent.  Not sure that they are 'dynamic friends' as the website says....