Re: tax form 2047 - discussion

[quote user="NormanH"]What a scandal that well-off Brits can avoid paying anything, yet benefit from the French system.

However with all the reforms it won't last long....

[/quote]

Do you hear that Steve, we're well off.......................[:D]

You learn something new every day.............................[:D][:D]

[quote user="NormanH"]What a scandal that well-off Brits can avoid paying anything, yet benefit from the French system.

However with all the reforms it won't last long....
[/quote]

A total misrepresentation of the facts by Norman. He obviously knows little about the charges paid by "well off Brits" into the CMU, the difference between the CMU, CRDS and CSG, the way it is charged, who pays it and when.

Possession of an E form only exempts you from paying 0.5% CRDS on your earned income or pension, because it is illegal for the French to to claim this from people whose healthcare is paid for by the UK, but those people are still liable to pay contributions sociale at a hefty 11% on any unearned income, like savings interest and rent income.

Yet another French scandal unravelled?

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

[ He obviously knows little about the charges paid by "well off Brits" into the CMU, the difference between the CMU, CRDS and CSG, the way it is charged, who pays it and when.....

people are still liable to pay contributions sociale at a hefty 11% on any unearned income, like savings interest and rent income.

[/quote]

People with "unearned income, like savings interest and rent income" qualify as 'well-off' in my book.

And if they have an E121 they are not paying into the CMU....

[quote user="NormanH"]
People with "unearned income, like savings interest and rent income" qualify as 'well-off' in my book.

[/quote]

You're right Norm, why doesn't somebody take all the money off everyone and share it out equally to all.

Oh, hang on a minute, didn't someone try that already in 1917, and it failed miserably.

Maybe it's best left as it is..........................................[Www] 

[quote user="NormanH"]

[/quote]

Some of us have worked long and hard for many years to save a little.

E121 owners may not pay into CMU but their agreed share is being paid into the French health system by the UK.

I've dragged these posts out of the tax question in finance section.  If you want to continue to argue or joke about how well off or otherwise Brits in France are please do so here for the moment, and leave the tax questions in the finance section clear for those who are trying to fill in their tax forms.  It's really not doing anyone any favours if they have to wade through pages of bickering and point scoring in order to find what they are looking for.

Thank you.

"Some of us have worked long and hard for many years to save a little".

Yes Krusty but that doesn't count with Norman unless it was in France.  Do you think some people are bitter and twisted about where they chose to live and work?  I must have missed the pressgangs that forced UK workers to France to work for a pittance[:(]. 

[quote user="NormanH"]

[/quote]

So if someone takes responsibilitry for their future and puts money away in a savings account you classify them as well off?

Sorry NormanH but you loose any credibility of being able to string together a reasoned argument in my book.