Posting a photo in a message

Thanks for all replies so far. I actually really do like Picassa2 and it has many features that I prefer to Photobucket. It has a very user friendly and well laid out interface and has some very good editing features too, some features that Photobucket doesn't have.

The original point of my post was just how can I insert a photo from Picassa web albums into a forum posting. That is now pretty much sorted thanks, although I am almost feeling victimised by Photobucket "loyals", for daring to suggest using another programme[:(]

I am sure that not everyone uses Photobucket and I am glad that my posting has brought to light some errors in the forum instructions on photo posting that are already 4 years out of date and irrelevant, as they mention these icons that no other forum members seem to have.

I look forward to futher discussions, with a view to eventually making photo posting as easy as message posting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think where you have come a bit unstuck is that the people here who use other methods to host pics already know how to use them to post, in addition the majority of people asking the question usually just have their pics on their hard drives and use other methods for editing, as do I.

Perhaps any one who uses methods that differ from Photobucket would like to write step by step instructions so we can add them to the 'How to post a picture' sticky.

We'll try to get the out of date info removed.

Thanks [:)]

[quote user="Mutiara"]I am almost feeling victimised by Photobucket "loyals", for daring to suggest using another programme[:(][/quote]Of course the big difference is that unlike Picasa Photobucket is not a programme at all but simply a web hosting service and is well deserved of the loyalty shown by it's users who have to date hosted 5.6 BILLION images.

As good as Picasa might be not everybody wants to install, what for them is a completely unneccessary programme, onto their machines but if it works for you then that is fine [;-)]

PS: Don't forget that your original question was simply "Can anyone tell me in simple terms how to post a photo in a message" [:)]

Yes Erny - thanks for pointing that out to me - my mistake [:$]

You also make a very good point about the main differences about the two methods ( Picassa and Photobucket), which emphasises even more why I like Picassa2 -  The fact that you do not have to be on line to manipulate edit, organise or view photos, (unlike with Photobucket) , for a programme is an entirely free. There is a feature I like in Picassa that allows a simple click on one button, which then resizes and then opens your email client and puts the phtos in a message instantly. I dare say there is a similar feature in P/bucket but you would have to be on line.

Out of interest, does anyone else use Picassa, apart from me?? [:D]

I don't know anyone who uses Photobucket for editing - I use Irfanview (free, recommended on this forum) for editing and just upload the pics I choose to use Photobucket.

If I want to share more than about 10 pics I use kodak albums, I know I could use Photobucket Albums too.

I used to use Picasa but when I had a problem with my computer I had to start from scratch, Picasa wanted ALL my images (may be it's changed now) I had thousands  and I just don't need or want that facility, nor do I want to fiddle with finding out how to stop it having all my images when I am happy with my present set up.

If it aint broke..........[:D].

[quote user="ErnieY"]

Can you use Photobucket for editing ?

Never bothered looking (and not going to) but can't think of any reason you'd want to anyway when there are any number of free programmes to do this with [8-)]

[/quote]

Yes you can and its free as well - probably good for those technically challenged folk who don't want to install yet another program on their pc.

I made this :

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/russethouse/Jake616-1.jpg[/IMG]

into this, with just a click, which is great because I can use it to make a 'moonpig' birthday card next week.......

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/russethouse/Jake616-1-1.jpg[/IMG]