Forum Conduct?

Gastines

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"] Randy's knickers are the sort that they display outside Anne Summers' Shops and which make you take sneaky looks whilst pretending to be interested in something else across the street.[/quote]

Who displays them outside?  I think that we should be told....

[quote user="odile"]I know Sweet - but why does she wear them on her head like that? Is that what British Ladies do when abroad?
[/quote]

No, it's NOT what MOST British Ladies do when abroad.

But, you try convincing Randy that just because they are red with lacey black bits and holes in different places, she doesn't actually need to show them off, and you'll understand what a difficult job it is!

I wish Wooly would keep her under lock and key sometimes but then she IS so amusing and she does so love spending time at Chateau Sweet, I just haven't the heart to dissuade her.

5-element might be correct in that it might be a cunning marketing ploy, as the letter was sent to all registered members and the forum concerned was recently sold to a new commercial owner! If you did not receive it, was probably your spam filter, or the email details previously given were out of date. As a result, I am sure many recipients were sufficiently curious to have a peak at what the fuss was about! 

It clearly was not that bad, as the mods would have locked or removed the two offending threads I would have thought. 

I agree with you Sprogster &  5 Element, it might be a marketing ploy.

Most of us are curious & have had a look at TF even if we have never posted there. 

IMO the quality of the posts in the one topic I looked at  was not good.  Not just the language either.  Mostly not debates, just rudeness, and some very bossy. Something I think the Mods objected to.   And there are only a few posters keeping going a topic now reaching dozens of pages,  and  very boring.  Most repeating themselves endlessly,  something OH accuses me of, but I  try not to do this here !

Tegwini

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="KathyC"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]If its AI I feel left out, no e mail. [:(]
[/quote]

If it's from TF, then so do I!

[/quote]
Although we disagree on every Forum on which we meet, I would never think so low of you to imagine that you were a member of that Forum
[/quote]

Oh dear - I think I've just sunk without trace!

[quote user="tegwini"]

I agree with you Sprogster &  5 Element, it might be a marketing ploy.

Most of us are curious & have had a look at TF even if we have never posted there. 

IMO the quality of the posts in the one topic I looked at  was not good.  Not just the language either.  Mostly not debates, just rudeness, and some very bossy. Something I think the Mods objected to.   And there are only a few posters keeping going a topic now reaching dozens of pages,  and  very boring.  Most repeating themselves endlessly,  something OH accuses me of, but I  try not to do this here !

Tegwini

[/quote]

I'm more active on the other side than here, partly because it's become so quiet here and partly because this site freezes my computer on a regular basis. I do think that things have gone downhill over there since FE closed, mainly because  FE members have transferred in and seem pretty different from the normal TF crowd.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I know that he was banned from there some time ago.

Seems rather stupid, because he was one of the few who was able to partake in a heated discussion without resorting to personal and racist insults, which seems to be the sort of conduct that the admins are objecting to at such length.

[quote user="Will"]

Sorry to disappoint you, but I know that he was banned from there some time ago.

Seems rather stupid, because he was one of the few who was able to partake in a heated discussion without resorting to personal and racist insults, which seems to be the sort of conduct that the admins are objecting to at such length.

[/quote]

You're quite right, along with most of the more interesting "old guard", he's gone.

Who is this Mystery Man whom even 5-e misses?

Lord, if he could read what's written about him here, his head will be bigger than ever, don't you think?

Please, someone, give us a link or something so that I can trace this demi-god!

[quote user="Will"]

[/quote]

Will, if we're talking about the same person I've still got PM's from him that are entirely personal and insulting. His 'entertaining' comments were usually at the expense of others and he is certainly not missed at all by many on here.

I normally never read the Chatterbox board on TF - I only really post in the health section under the fhi banner.  However, following the weird round robin, natch, I looked in.

Kathy C, may I say I thought you held your own very well in the face of some truly outrageous posts. I salute you.[:)][B]

Isn't the title on TF French matters a breach of the trades descriptions act, there are more posts about UK related matters on there in a day than Bugsie posts in a week on here.[:P]

Just joined a wonderful Forum, more members than on TF and CF combined its called  I'd rather chew my own nipples off than buy the Daily Mail / Express

Look like I'll be seeing a lot of the TF posters on there then [:P]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Drat, Ron, why not a live link to this forum of which you speak?[:D]  Sounds perfect to me (although your imagery is somewhat disturbing[:-))].)[/quote]

Its very exclusive group Deb, I'll PM you the details, you have to have a maternity bra to hand in case you are tempted at any time. I think many of the members missing from here are over there chatting away now[:P].

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Will"]

[/quote]

Will, if we're talking about the same person I've still got PM's from him that are entirely personal and insulting. His 'entertaining' comments were usually at the expense of others and he is certainly not missed at all by many on here.

[/quote]

I'm glad you said that, Bugsy.

Although he was/is an expert at online debating, he also made personal putdowns into a fine art.