Oliver Besancenot

NormanH

Looks a good lad above all honest and sincere certainly IMHO more digestible than the current Ch'ti faction that have contrived control of the PS. I rather fancy that the iconic banner displayed by the Billancourt Boys faction of PSG supporters at Parque de Princes requires some additional artistic endeavour to complete the missive..." et voleurs de(sic) élections".

I agree about the sincerity aspect Frenchie, although there is no shortage of people who see him as evil incarnate. You can hear his detractors saying that he

1) advocates violence to overthrow the state and capitalism

2) has terrorist friends who are still in prison for their crimes

3) is not a real postman, i.e. no longer "delivers letters" anyway, in other words, is a fake

Whereas to me, he is obviously a well-intentioned, genuine character, with none of the sinister traits that are attributed to him. It would be nice to think that the reason he is so demonised is because he is feared a lot, by those scared  of what could happen if he made it big in French politics. When you see a whole lot of the present types now in power, or those in direct opposition, Olivier Besancenot is quite refreshing - even though I did not vote for him.

Besancenot has a certain charisma. He made an impression (as a person) on me during the elections a couple of years ago. I thought at the time that if he could moderate some of the excesses in his agenda, then he could be a real threat to the "political class".

Yes, in my view, he is being demonised because they are afraid of his potential.