Reminder: change to summer time

Clair

It's bad enough that Mrs Benjamin starts the exercise of changing the house clocks some time on the Saturday before without you mentioning it already Clair!!!!    [:D]

I walk around in a daze for 48 hours wondering what the bl**dy time really is.

A FRENCH aunt of my wife's called in complaining that when she went to the bunshop it was closed and the Post seemed to have changed it's hours. This was a week after the clocks went on!!! Unfortunately she also phoned us early one Sunday morning to say we had won 50.000Francs on the GROLLO.she kept the tickets for us. She turned up an hour later,crying, saying she had made a mistake with the numbers!!! We have found it's better to wait untill the cash is in your hand before you make any plans.

Regards.

I really don't understand why we still do this. We don't actually get any more hours of light by doing it and it isn't necessary that people do things at exactly the same time all over a country - the last remaining bastion of simultaneous activity, TV is now flexible with the +1, PVR and On demand services. So why don't we just leave the clocks on UCT (GMT) so that we know what the actual time is and adjust the start times of our activities to make the best use of the light? It would get rid of all this springing forward and falling back rubbish, instead we have "You need to be here at 8am next week instead of 9am, so go to bed earlier!" 

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"][quote user="JohnM"]I really don't understand why we still do this.  [/quote]

You, me and a few million others I suspect [:D]

[/quote]

Its so that those of us in inhospitable places are now only two hours adrift from conversation with civilisation, instead of three hours. [:P]

So it's agreed then. Everybody, worldwide, changes to UTC and then does things at the hours that suit them (make life much easier understanding airline timetables). After all, as long as Australian children go school an hour or so after day break it doesn't matter if it is called 9am or 11pm. So... when can we expect to see this implemented?