WEATHER UPDATE

[quote user="Judith"]   Couldn't have said it better - though in my case this is my first full winter, but I was expecting to be out of winter clothes and not  much heating down here in the south by this time.  Every time we think to dispense with the log burner, the cold weather arrives back - again! And this year, the forecast has not been particularly accurate as far as I can see. 
[/quote]

You're right about the weather forecasts being inaccurate.  I check the forecast on the puter and OH checks it on the TV and, guess what, the forecasts are wrong as often as they are right.

Certainly, the days are getting longer but the cold is something else. 

This morning, I got nicely soaked (again) walking the dog and now am writing this fully dressed in thick socks, thermal vest, fleece top, wooly cardigan and both poêles à petrole set to 20 degrees.

Did have a chance to go to the UK later this week but I don't think I could face the drive in these wretched weather conditions.

Still, I suppose there's the comfort eating to turn to...............so all is not lost yet![:)]

Dear Sweets, I was out on me bike there today, and going up the hill  (just past Mrs O'Finnigans) I stopped for a rest. I was sitting on the bikes saddle looking up at the blue sky when all of a sudden, a most beautiful ginger cat walked in front of me and lay on his back waving his paws about in the air. He was so contented and happy, I thought I would keep him, but he was a wild cat and it would have been cruel to keep him captivated in me own home just for me own pleasure, so I just carried on watching him for an hour till he finally meandered off towards a cloud in the distant sky. So I encountered many colours today, and I'm glad they can't take them away from us! They don't own the colours, and shur I suppose that nobody own the colours indeed, and that's a good thing. The only elephant that ever spoke to me was in Birmingham. He had a typical Brummy accent after spending all but 2 years of his life there. If you heard his accent, you would be wishing as I do, that they all had French accents[:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Is this who you mean FK, I'd never heard of him.  He is rather dishy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUnshYVheI

[/quote]

Yes, That's him! He just has it all, those latino smouldering looks and that accent. Half Italian and half French and half Irish, you can't get better than that[:)] How did that guy interviewing him not snog the luscious lips off him??? I would not have been able to contain meself!

[quote user="Furry Knickers"]. The only elephant that ever spoke to me was in Birmingham. He had a typical Brummy accent after spending all but 2 years of his life there. If you heard his accent, you would be wishing as I do, that they all had French accents[:)][/quote]

Could that elephant be the one in this touching story furry?

A young man was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from college. While he was walking through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed so the man approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot.

There was a large thorn deeply embedded in the bottom of the foot.

As carefully and as gently as he could he worked the thorn out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather stern look on its face, stared at him. For a good ten minutes the man stood frozen -- thinking of nothing else but being trampled.

Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. The man never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later the man was walking through Birmingham zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to where they are standing at the rail.

The large bull elephant stared at him and lifted it's front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times, all the while staring at the man. The man couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.

After a while it trumpeted loudly; then it continued to stare at him.

The man summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

Suddenly the elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of the man's legs and swung him wildly back and forth along the railing, killing him.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.

No Burt, that is not the elephant from Birmingham! He would never do anything like that and I don't believe any elephant would because they are such peaceful and gentle creatures. I know Krusty can get a bit angry when Frenchie pulls his trunk, but I suppose we all would if our trunks were pulled. I remember back in Kildare when I was only a small yoke. Me Mammy was getting me and herself ready to go into Carbury to collect the alabastard elephant she had been paying 10 bob off of each week. She was absolutely delighted to be finally bringing him home after 3 years of scrimping and saving. I even gave her me few shillings from the sale of me lucky shoe to Jimmy Carney (I was alright though because I still had the other one which was the luckiest of the pair) She was so proud carrying that elephant through the streets of Kildare without any wrapping paper on him so all of Ireland could see him. Can you imagine how she felt when when owl Mrs O'Flaherty saw her carrying him up the path to our front door? God, she was delighted! I still have that elephant to this day, and he is still in immaculate condition.