Worrying

Dog

Popped down to the Caribbean Magicians (Leroy Merlins) with Big Dave for a few bags of sand and after a long wait to get out, saw a Brit registered car with a nice shiney probably hired French registered trailer.

In the trailer up against the front was a perhaps two metre tall concrete barbecue - standing upright - all on its lonesome ATTACHED to the trailer by two bungey straps!

I must be getting old as this was the most dangerous thing I have seen in ages. I had to stop and tell the occupants of the car that it was exceedingly dangerous to secure a heavy barbecue with two slack bungey straps.

The lady said don't worry it's 600 kilos (I think referring to the gross weight of the trailer).

I suggested they bought some tye down straps and said I wouldn't travel further than a few feet with the barbecue secured with two elastic straps.

If it was you in the car... I hope you got home without damaging yourself, anyone else, the trailer or the barbecue.

[quote user="Dog"]

If it was you in the car... I hope you got home without damaging yourself, anyone else, the trailer or the barbecue.

[/quote]

Dog, the stupid will never learn if you keep wishing them well. I only hope that they got home without injuring anyone else. As for themselves, the trailer and the barbecue ? If they don't care why should I ?

John

Hiya - yes they did get home safe and sound with no problems - I met them last night for dinner! I have to fwd on the forum details so they can comment themselves, but mentioned something about some geezer from Yorkshire stopping them in the car park and the penny dropped it was this story!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Good to hear they got home safely. I hope they run the barby meat free and no animals are harmed in the enjoyment of the equipment....

It's not often my safety siren sounds but just occasionally it kicks in.