FRENCH PEN PAL WANTED.

rdk

[quote user="thunderhorse"][quote user="rdk"]I'M LOOKING FOR A FRENCH PEN PAL, TO HELP ME IMPROVE MY WRITTEN FRENCH. WIILING TO ASISST WITH YOUR ENGLISH IF YOU NEED rdk[/quote]

You probably won't get very far with your standard of spelling and grammar. And all block capitals is like SHOUTING. ;-)
[/quote]

Irony, dear people.............irony

Hi, Frenchie.

Good to see you online once again & thanks for your help with my previous query.

The pen pal assistance was a little bit of irony, as i purposely spelt 'Willing' wrong, hence the line "wiiling to help with your English if needed'.

Still believe the Forum Community is a beautiful one.

Question : how do i write 'it's my life' in French?

is it ; C'est ma vie, or ca ma vie?

So, potential French pals, where are you?

I agree with Frenchie.  I think all new posters should be given a honeymoon period when people don't jump down their throats too quickly.

After all, it can be pretty intimidating when someone's just getting the feel of the Forum (new girl/boy syndrome) and I would hate it when people then go away and don't come back.

I have noticed this happening once or twice in the past and, in the interests of fairness, new posters should be given time to find their Forum feet and us old hands owe them the courtesy of at least getting to know a bit about them first before starting to make "clever" remarks.

Before anyone objects, I don't mean that we can't criticise the posts but let's do it in a spirit of generosity and friendliness and not try to score points to highlight how smart, worldly wise, sophiscated,etc we are.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

I agree with Frenchie.  I think all new posters should be given a honeymoon period when people don't jump down their throats too quickly.

Before anyone objects, I don't mean that we can't criticise the posts but let's do it in a spirit of generosity and friendliness and not try to score points to highlight how smart, worldly wise, sophiscated,etc we are.

[/quote]

I'm with you there Sweet.  So with over 4000 postings to your name I reckon that allows me a.......Oi FISHFACE! You missed the T out of sophisticated.  Honestly, the standard of eddyoucayshun of some of you.

Actually, I didn't miss out the t but the t AND the i............so there you go, you smart a**** Weedon[:P]

Anyway, I had a good excuse, I was just finishing the last sentence when the phone rang and guess what, it was from the Holiday Company about the skiing holiday I'm planning for January....yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah[:P]

Nah, it's not what it sounds, Weedon.  I can't ski, never even stood up in a pair of those things but going to have a go because I figured that if I didn't do it now (retired and spending a life of idleness in France), when am I going to do it?

Can't forever keep being undecided about what I'm going to be when I grow up, can I?  Now I know, I'm going to be a champion x-country skier![:D]

Thanks for the correct translation. Frenchie

Just to confirm : 'c'est ma vie', is the correct translation for 'it's my life'? Then what is context of 'ca' in 'ca ma vie"

Designing a product so needs to be correct.

Regarding question of being 'ex forum member' not sure of question, but I am a genuine new member to this forum.

Cheers Frenchie.

Excuse moi, Frenchie.  May I explain from a non- French but eager-to-learn-French person?

"ça", on its own, simply means "this".  Therefore, you  need a verb "is", which is "est" in French.

So, "this is" is really "ça est" which then contracts (like "it is "to "it's "in English, a contraction) to "c'est".

I apologise if that sounds a bit Janet & John but sometimes you just need to learn like a child would and that's starting from basic things and not be embarrassed about it.[:D]

[quote user="Thebiga"]Hey THUNDERHORSE Any real need to put someone down or just having a bad day. Not everyone has perfect spelling or grammar or perhaps schooled to your level.[/quote]

Wind your neck in. You missed the point yet are quick to jump down my throat... [;-)]