Blowing a real hooley tonite

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, I read about how bad it is in the Charente Maritime and the Vendée but I've hardly noticed any damage.

I have read what Christine posted on another thread and everything else on here.

Looked at our local forecast and the max winds predicted were 38 kmph.

Walked the dog this morning, expecting to see devastation but there were only a few small branches off the trees in the woods behind our house.

We've had 2 garden chairs blown into the woods but nothing else.

In fact, it feels like  a very pleasant spring morning here though the rain did come down during my walk and the dog and I were soaked but nothing like the forecast.

Poor Frenchie, je pense à toi!

At least you appear to be safe and OK and I suppose that that's all one can hope for when everything is in the hands of some Force or Other that is bigger than we are.

I didn't sleep a wink with all that howling outside, the dog was terrified and the OH kept fidgeting all night and now has gone off to play table tennis.

So, at least, there's peace in the house and I think I am going to have a glass of something or other to boost my spirits (yes, spirits) and then cook some sort of lunch to sustain myself![:D]

Good programme Sweet!!!!

Some damage yes, as I said before, but nothing too serious, keepoing in mind they say the wind blew up to 160 k/h in Deux Sèvres. ( France 3 Poitou Charentes)....

Hey oh, it s sunny now, still windy ( but no tempest, just wind), but sunny, let's look at the bright side !

For once after a big storm, the electricity was only out here for an hour.  I didn't notice much activity until 2.00am and then only for about half an hour but I am in the Gironde so a bit further south.  I'm glad everyone is OK. The sun is shining here, too, encouraging me into the garden to start a bit of spring cleaning but I think I'll curl up in front of the fire with John Grisham [Www]