Security-increased-around-Carla-Bruni-Sarkozy

I am not usually a fan of the BBC, but I think they were spot on with the Power of Nightmares series that argued ‘the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies’.

Next step in the brain washing will be 24/7 armed forces X factor.

I think there is a strong case for saying that opposing faiths need each other to justify their own existence. It's all about maintaining the status quo - and power - whether as ayatollahs, bishops, popes or bible-punching preachers.  

All brain-washers, and just as bad as one another as far as I'm concerned.

The media tycoons have of course capitalised on this weakness in the human character. Instead of giving the masses made-up gods to worship, give them celebrity heroes - and make a packet out of it.

As has been mentioned several times before, the problem with tolerance - commendable as it might seem in principle - is that, in practice, it allows the extremely intolerant to take over. If, as many Muslim leaders have stated, it is their goal to impose Islam on the world, how tolerant will society be if they succeed?

We are now at the stage where such comments are banned from the media for being anti-religion or inciting religious hatred. While at the same time, religious extremists can burn poppies and issue public death threats without fear of reprisal.

Madness.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Yes, another example of tolerance...

Just for a brighter note, have you noticed the way our President is looking at his wife? [:)]

It really shows he's proud of her intelligence ! [Www]

[/quote]

Well, if he had a wife like Tony Blair, he would have declared war on some poor sods, so be grateful Sarko has something to stretch his mind and body!!