Avis de reception return

ixy

The proof should be a priority surely?  That's the whole idea is'nt it!?     Definitely an essential for a vendor in a property sale, ie so he knows when the buyer has had sight of the two signatures on the CdeV.

Well, in general I think (and I suppose it would be better backed up by a native-born French person!) that the avis is for legal purposes and that most of the time, it's only considered necessary long after the actual delivery.  If you need to be certain it's turned up on time, then maybe it's best to ask the recipient.  The proof comes back in the form of a post card with the usual mail so I don't think it's given any special treatment.

[quote user="idun"]Once these things leave France, don't count on getting something back, well that has been my experience.[/quote]

I second that.

Postal workers outside France don't always know that the receipt has to be signed for and returned, especially if they don't read French.

I had many an opportunity to explain what was what when dealing with French parcels or letters when working in England. Most the the postmen who delivered them didn't have a clue what to do with the proof-of-delivery card.

All a bit complicated in our case but we have never received confirmation that our letter was received and signed for.

We sent a recorded delivery letter to France online with the avis de reception option.

There seemed to be no way of tracking our communication.

We have proof of "posting" but nothing tangible ever arrived, either by post or by electronic mail to confirm that they signed for it at the other end.

In our case the letter was sent to an aggressive estate agent so we didn't feel like asking them if they got it!!

It also does not work the other way round. Last year when I sent our french tax return to Noissy le Grand, I did it so that I could tell whether it was delivered or not. Months later it actually did show up on line that it had been delivered, which was of no bloody use to me at all as it was a tax return and if not in by the date, then there is a penalty.

Inconsequence, as I had sent it a little early, I sent yet another one and put 'copie' in pencil over each formulaire and a note stating that I had no idea if the originals had arrived and been signed for. As it happened our avis d'impot arrived here and then a lot lot later our stuff showed up online too.And now I have said that, I have a feeling that I have just done something very stupid with the french tax online last week.

I can see all these being a right catastrophy this year!

Seems to me thats its another case of not much unity being shown in the European Union, just what do these MEP's do apart from earn a fat crust whilst they sit around on their fat ***e.