Soumise

idun

And that is how I feel that Mme DSK has acted since the whole affair  started. And I know several women who have made their men the centre of their little universes, indulging and pandering to their every whim.  They consequently lost them, their constant attention eventually unwelcome.

So men, do you like the idea of  women in, what was, not too long ago the traditional role of catering to your every need? Would you find such women attractive as and idea/ideal? or do you prefer ladies to be independantly minded? or even dominant?

I will add that if anyone wanted to pamper me and spoil me rotten for a day or maybe just an hour or two, I think it would be very nice, but I wouldn't /couldn't live like that.

Well, I'm probably the wrong person to ask because I'm single, but I like an equal partner. I'm (still) looking for a woman that isn't a nag but equally isn't "the little woman". Really can't understand why so many men allow their insecurities to be so much on show by choosing women that they can dominate and therefore "appear" to be in control (and vice versa).

[quote user="NormanH"]I am sure you are 'ni Pute ni soumise' idun [:)]
[/quote]

I'm not saying what I am NormanH[Www] more curious as to what men prefer. 

Anyway, I don't think that it does any harm to be un peu pute and un peu soumise, the former to keep the relationship lively and exciting and the latter is compromise, because if there is no give and take, wouldn't it be hard for a relationship to last.

And I too hate nags. Should be banned.

You have chosen a subject close to my heart and on which I have strong opinions, all the more so since living in France.

I can identify with what JohnM wrote being single myself, I could only consider a partner if she was independant, storng willed, strong minded and adventurous, an equal partner would be the minimum for me, I prefer someone that I can respect and consider to be far more capable than myself.

To me in a relationship (in this context I prefer to consider it a partnership), the couple should be far stronger/capable than the sum of the two individuals, that is to say they should compliment each other, in business a successfull company would not decide go into partnership with another one unless the combination made added value, I think good balanced relationships do this, my parents certainly were one.

On the surface my mother was the stronger more gregarious of the couple but outsiders probably did not see my fathers hidden strengths, only now as a mature adult can I look back and apppreciate them for what they were and for what they brought to the relationship.

My mother could I believe have survived quite well without my father, sadly she was to leave us at a very young age, my father was not able to cope on his own like so many men and women and quickly remarried, I love my stepmother, she is my only surviving parent but she had different strengths and character to my mother and whilst they were happy together as a couple they did not really addto tye combination, more a case of neither could happily live alone.

Over the years I have met and had relationships with women who on the surface appeared to be strong and independant, many of them sucessfully juggling careers with being a single parent, it was their outwardly confident character that attracted me to them, the strange thing was that in several cases, after the relationship had blossomed they reverted to a sort of fluffy dependant soumise type, perhaps it was the image of femininity that they were brought up to believe in and when I met them they were just doing a damn good job of fighting against the odds but it wasnt really their character, in any case it was always the beginning of the end for me.

Here in France I doubt that I will ever meet my type, I suspect that if there were any that evolved that way despite their Picard upbringing they would quickly leave the region for Paris or overseas due to the expectations of the men and families here, those that do escape are very unlikely to return after tasting a different sort of life, I did meet one recently who works in the Haute Savoie as a saisonniere, she had reluctantlt returned to spend the summer with her family and was very candid when she explained just why she could not support living here any more.

The one phrase I hate to hear is "my other half" maybe its just me but it seems as if they are saying whether they are male or female, I am only half a person or I could not function/survive without my other half. I never hear confident types who I consider could get by quite well on their own using that phrase to describe their partner.

JohnM's comment about dominant characters and insecurity is bang on the money.

A question for you Idun as you raised the topic, given what you say about compromise, which I 100% agree with, if you were DSK's wife when this blew up and assuming for the sake of the question that you were aware of his habits, maybe even shared the lifestyle, would you have done any different to what she is doing?

Editted.

Here in France I have had a few women offering to s'occuper de moi, now that really is a turn off for me, I have a funny feeling that they actually want someone to s'occuper to them so maybe that is how it works who knows [Www]

Chancer said:

A question for you Idun as you raised the topic, given what you say about compromise, which I 100% agree with, if you were DSK's wife when this blew up and assuming for the sake of the question that you were aware of his habits, maybe even shared the lifestyle, would you have done any different to what she is doing?

That is the thing, I cannot even imagine being in her shoes, because her shoes just wouldn't fit me[:D]. She is so rich that she can afford to do as she pleases for the sake of her idea of whatever image she wants to put over. IF I was her, I'd have a bloody big appartment and he could have his own rooms including bedroom. BUT I'm not her am I, and he'd be out if I had a say in the matter.