Names

[quote user="Val_2"]Or even Harpo. What a horrible name, sounds like some of coat a gentleman would wear on his estate and its not feminine in the least.[/quote]

I don't find her feminine in the least. Too thin, false boobs aren't real curves. Smile lost so long ago, that I bet they cannot remember it. And all those kids, thought we needed the world population down not up.

[quote user="Russethouse"]Funnily enough a friend of my daughters called her daughter Harper - she is a six months old.......but seven ? ? Six I could have understood as she will be the sixth member of their family, did DB ever where a number seven on his shirt ?[/quote]

It seams you made the right guess RH

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/beckhams-celebrate-harper-arrival-131501456.html

I heard that Harper was chosen because it was the name of a character in a TV series their sons liked. I prefer to think of them being fans of Harper Lee's 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' - one of my favourite books. Maybe Mrs Beckham was reading it just before the birth?! Could be she was rushing to get it finished ready for her book club meeting the next day?  [:)]

[quote user="gardengirl "] Maybe Mrs Beckham was reading it just before the birth?! Could be she was rushing to get it finished ready for her book club meeting the next day?  [:)][/quote]

Nearly fell off my chair laughing.....

[quote user="gardengirl "]I heard that Harper was chosen because it was the name of a character in a TV series their sons liked. I prefer to think of them being fans of Harper Lee's 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' - one of my favourite books. Maybe Mrs Beckham was reading it just before the birth?! Could be she was rushing to get it finished ready for her book club meeting the next day?  [:)][/quote]

GG, there was a programme  on the BBC earlier on this year which was shown as part of their book celebration festival, which featured Harper Lee's life and, in particular, To Kill a Mockingbird.  Did you see it?

The programme makers visited her town, the newspaper offices where she worked and some of the sites that would have been the setting for the book.  They even showed pictures of her as a young journalist.  And met up with some of her friends and I was especially interested in the couple who were her "patrons" and paid for her living expenses while she tried to make it as a novelist.

Then, at the end of that programme, they showed the film of the book.

Then, I dug out my wonderfully-illustrated, hard-backed copy (must have been bought at a time of my life when I was flushed with funds and not have to watch the exchange rate!) and enjoyed it as much as I ever did! 

Mr and Mrs Beckham seem to have it all: no financial worries, lovely homes, healthy children. David seems to be well respected within his chosen field of work and Victoria seems to have the sense to ignore the particularly sour grapes thrown her way.

If they are a bit thick and talentless it's the sort of thick and talentless I wouldn't mind for my family!

Are they thick and talentless or is that part of the publicity presentation to the public?

Generally people who make their own fortunes are pretty smart!

Can't say I'm struck on their choices of names, but it's only fashion after all.