Where can I find info .........

My  (French) neighbour informed me about my friend and neighbour that had been involved in a tragic accident that claimed the life of her daughter on the A9 south of Montpelier on 21st, my friend is critically ill and was air lifted from the scene.

I have been able to google and find out the reported crash by Midi Libre, but have not been able to get any further update/info and the condition of my friend.

Is there anyone that could recomment sites I could search to find out more on her condition.

Thank you. 

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]If you have found an account of the accident does that not say which hospital your friend is in ? Then telephone the hospital .[/quote]

I am affraid they did not say where she was taken, She/they are from Dordogne but she will have gone to a hospital nearer Montpelier/Béziers.

Since I was emailed (on Friday) I have heard nothing more and I am very worried for her. I've tried googling but can't find any news updates in the papers (online)

[quote user="Gardian"]

CHU Montpellier - 04 67 33 67 33.

No idea whether that's where your friend is, but worth a call.  It's the most likely place.

[/quote]

I posted this over an hour ago - don't understand why it doesn't show up as 'the most recent post'.

This should fix it !!

Thank you Gardian, but I am reluctant to phone hospitals for two reasons: 1. She was critical when taken from the scene, so not sure they would give out info on her condition to anyone except family, 2. My french is good enough to ask the questions but not good enough to understand and respond [:$]

If I get no joy by tomorrow afternoon i will email the person who informed me. I want to send condolences to the family for their daughter but am waiting to hear whether my friend has made it or not.

[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="Gardian"]

CHU Montpellier - 04 67 33 67 33.

No idea whether that's where your friend is, but worth a call.  It's the most likely place.

[/quote]I posted this over an hour ago - don't understand why it doesn't show up as 'the most recent post'.[/quote]

The "Active Topics" view defaults to the most recent comment, whether posted or edited.

A poster edited a comment after you posted your comment, so the edit showed as "the most recent post".

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Gardian"]I posted this over an hour ago - don't understand why it doesn't show up as 'the most recent post'.[/quote]

The "Active Topics" view defaults to the most recent comment, whether posted or edited.

A poster edited a comment after you posted your comment, so the edit showed as "the most recent post".

[/quote]

Me[:$] correcting typo's!

Can you ask a french friend to ring for you ? as I would think its the only place to get the info you want .., at least you can find out if she is in that hospital , and then maybe email an equiry after that ?

Thank you Norman, That is really good no know, I have decided to call a very helpful lady in the next village who speaks excellent english and she also knows the person who e-mailed me (non English speaker who I normally comunicate with via e-mail  with the help of google translate when I am in UK), so hopefully I will find out tomorrow how my friend is doing or if she has not survived.

Here is the link to the story: http://www.midilibre.fr/2011/07/21/grave-accident-sur-l-a9-a-loupian-un-mort-circulation-coupee-vers-l-espagne,359243.php

Yes thanks you for enquiring.

I finally emailed again the neighbour that emailed me and found out that she was still 'with us' but the reply was so garbled (she insists in using google translate and sending me stuff in English!!)

:dear Jackie, this evening we learn that Cathy would go better but without other precision. we still do not know when it will come back to her, nor when will take place funeral. I shall keep posted you according to news. thank you for sharing our sadness. in bientôt et best regards. J****e 

Not sure what to make of that, other than she was alive!! I thought maybe she had lost her memory of the accident?

Anyway a new email today to say that my friend is coming home in an ambulance tomorrow (still no details as to any injuries) and that the funeral of her daughter will be on Saturday, I am very honoured that they felt the need to include me and inform me about my friend, they even asked if I would like to be included in village (hemlet) flowers and that I could 'settle' up when I am next over.

I must say that I have wonderful neighbours in our tiny hamlet. All French, we are the only English and Cathy is the only person who speaks English and has been delighted to help us anyway she can, being the first one to visit whenever our shutters open.