Another journalist writing complete bllx about France

But Norman, she is not in the world of the tabard, you see. Sure Marie Christine, the wife of the local pig farmer expects to be seduced when she pops, into the local Super U for a box(sic) of rillettes and would not dream of wearing her tabard, but that little number she picked up from the market stall last week. It is in the rural villages that seduction lies on her back in the hay bales to get kissed.

And for Bobo's sake, she is a Merican, in a week when the Tea Party are holding the world to ransom and destroying any remaining pretensions Merica have had to chair the high table.

And I couldn't finish the article:  it was just so ridiculous; all made up in her own silly, shallow, journalistic mind...

Unless, of course, I don't understand these things because, apart from my new doctor telling me he was pleased to make my aquaintance and kissing me twice, I don't know any man who's done that to me on the very first meeting.

This woman shouldn't be allowed out in civilised society, IMHO.

Which other dimension does she live in???

I'm now quite convinced that there is a parallel world somewhere.... [:D]

"Two to four kisses to greet, depending on social class"

[blink] [:-))]

Are two kisses better than three or four? Or is it the other way round?

Oh no... Now I'll be wondering which social class I fit in when I am travelling...  [:'(]

Lucky you don't live in our previous village then.

Madame la Voisine who smells somewhat ripe has a few yellow stumps for teeth so I wouldn't imagine you'd like her to kiss you on the lips.

I'm not being rude about her, just stating facts.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Four in the country but not the town, plus a little tweak of affection on the posterior. ... [/quote]

[:-))] dya mean I've been short changed all them years I go back to France ?... Only ever get 3 in the back of beyond in Poitou and no tweak of affection on the posterior [Www]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Four in the country but not the town, ...[6][/quote]

I shall never forget my embarrassment when kissing a rather BCBG Vendean (if that's not an oxymoron) to be pushed away at arm's length after the second bisou as I absent-mindedly began to go for the third/fourth ones.  (You can see what social circles I usually move in!)

On the other hand, a well-executed baisemain, maintaining just the right amount of eye contact, does tend to make a girl go weak at the knees.  [Www]

Angela

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Unless, of course, I don't understand these things because, apart from my new doctor telling me he was pleased to make my aquaintance and kissing me twice, I don't know any man who's done that to me on the very first meeting.

[/quote]

I am slightly disturbed about this Dr's behaviour. Not done, not on the first meeting, really, not done.

The journalist should be writing for Mills and Boon type publications and not for a big newspaper!

You will also notice that the "journalist" (?) in question seems to move only in exclusive diplomatic and high political circles. One could infer from that that her experience is, shall we say, a little limited (if it's even authentic). I am with Sweet here, and couldn't even finish the article...

As for the number of bises, it has little to do with social circle and class, but a lot to do with geography! see map below...

http://combiendebises.free.fr/

[quote user="woolybanana"]Four in the country but not the town, plus a little tweak of affection on the posterior. Surely you know that Clair![6][/quote]

This is what happens in Singapore after a tweak of affection on the posterior.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020632/British-businessman-faces-lashing-pinching-womans-buttocks-holiday-Singapore.html

Combien de bises? This used to be a nightmare for me when I first arrived in France. Remembering who gave or expected what? Some were two, others three or four or could be just a handshake.

Two I can tolerate but one family were all into the 4 category and there were 6 women! So on a visit 24 bises going in and 24 going out, now don’t get me wrong, if they were Brooklyn Decker look-alikes I wouldn’t mind but……..[;-)]

[quote user="5-element"]

You will also notice that the "journalist" (?) in question seems to move only in exclusive diplomatic and high political circles. One could infer from that that her experience is, shall we say, a little limited (if it's even authentic). I am with Sweet here, and couldn't even finish the article...

As for the number of bises, it has little to do with social circle and class, but a lot to do with geography! see map below...

http://combiendebises.free.fr/

[/quote]

I can see why wooly is so confused now!

only I in Deux Sèvres, but 4 in the Vendée...[6]

as for 3 in the Hérault the ladies I know have been giving me short shrift...

Those who couldn't finish the article missed this gem:

"Even now, when I walk around a corner, I anticipate that something

pleasurable might happen – just the next act in a process of perpetual

seduction"

She should try that in one of the 'cités' and see what she gets [:P]

[quote user="idun"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

I am slightly disturbed about this Dr's behaviour. Not done, not on the first meeting, really, not done.

The journalist should be writing for Mills and Boon type publications and not for a big newspaper!

[/quote]

No, no, id, I didn't describe the context.

I went to see the doctor and the regular chap was away.  Then I was meant to see this doctor's daughter.  She was away herself and the old man had come back from his retirement to help out.

We had a lovely chat about this and that (so usual when there's a queue waiting outside as there were no remplacements for the absent practitioners) and he was very interested in where I'd lived, where I grew up, what I did for a living etc, etc.  Then we talked about family so I told him a bit about mine and he told me about his.

THEN we got on to the reason I was at the doctors'.  We discussed my medicaments and I asked for the ordonance to be à renouveller at least 2 fois (as adviced on this Forum earlier).  We laughed and joked some more.

Eventually, we said au revoir and he accompanied me to the door and it was then that we exchanged 2 kisses.  So, you see, by then we were practically bosom pals and, anyway, I am unlikely to see him again as he was only there holding the fort in his daughter's absence.  More's the pity..... 

[quote user="NormanH"]Those who couldn't finish the article missed this gem:
"Even now, when I walk around a corner, I anticipate that something pleasurable might happen – just the next act in a process of perpetual seduction"

[/quote]

I agree, Norman, she should go to the area around the Gare de St Jean in Bordeaux at night time and she might have an interesting experience.

My OH can tell you all about how he was accosted several times there.  No, it's not as exciting as you might think.  OH was there about 5 am on the night I came back from the Compostelle to take me home.  However, my coach broke down at the French border and I was hours late so he had a lot of time to observe the local colour whilst waiting for me.

Anyway, that was his story......[:D] 

Still think too much, and inappropriate S17 for a first visit, a second, or third, come to that. A handshake would be have been normal, this wasn't in 'my' parameters or 'normal' for a medical professional going about their duties.

So next time you go and find the same Dr there and you need something gynae or your breasts examining, is there a futher bisous. Am I being too puritanical here?

This journalist, well, what is wrong with her! You are right NH  and S17 maybe she should try une petite promanade somewhere like Clichy sous Bois one fine evening and be romanced and excited.

[quote user="NormanH"]Those who couldn't finish the article missed this gem:
"Even now, when I walk around a corner, I anticipate that something pleasurable might happen – just the next act in a process of perpetual seduction"

[/quote]

Or anywhere here, it would probably be dog poo, and that's only for starters...