Planning a Biarritz beach holiday? Check this out.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

If you are planning to go swimming or watersporting in the sea round Biarritz, keep an eye on the beach warnings as there is loadsa pollution at the moment, apparently:

http://www.bbc.com/travel/blog/20130530-where-to-go-while-biarritz-battles-beach-pollution

[/quote]

Well that is a new one on me. When in France I used to get this message in reverse!![Www]

BBC Travel (international version)

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it

is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence

fee.

It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned

subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC

programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes.

You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital

activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

If you are looking for travel news in the UK, please visit the Travel News site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strangely enough quite a few british beaches have been given good quality awards recently, some I'm not so sure about, but there you go.

On a more serious note, the warning is not to be ignored.

Our neighbour's grandson (21yo) lives in that area and has been a keen surfer for several years. He has just been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, which is a horrible condition. Almost certainly a lifetime of extreme discomfort.

Now somebody will doubtless tell me that "There's no possible connection, etc" and if that's the case, then fine. Internet searches suggest however that its a condition that can be sparked off by 'who knows what' in the susceptible.

Not nice for the poor lad & those close to him.

[quote user="dwmcn"]

wb,

Round at the ends and high in the middle?

David

'I have friends in high places!!'

[/quote][quote user="dwmcn"]

Hoddy,

We did the canoe/Dordogne thing seveal years ago. Don't remember if it was muddy. (Wifey says it was clear, but not very deep.)

David

[/quote] David, just curious why you post two times when you could just post once. Is it to boost your post count?