Lost parcels - Royal Mail International Signed For

sid

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I hope I've got the right category!

Has anyone else had problems waiting for parcels to arrive from UK? It's getting to be serious problem for me, so much so that I'm beginning to think my name must be on a blacklist!  In recent months I've lost (not received) 3 parcels. When they are sent by Royal Mail ISF with tracking numbers, I can see them arrive in France at ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP . Then there is nothing else, no further progress. The sender has to make a claim from Royal Mail, which takes weeks as there is a waiting period to see whether it eventually turns up, and they're not always able to reclaim the full value. In the meantime some vendors are reluctant to send a replacement item; I think there's a suspicion that we might be pulling a fast one!

Whenever possible I now use courier services; it's more expensive, but it's a lot faster and reliable. I've never failed to receive a package or parcel this way.

So, what happens at this place in Roissy ? I know it's at or near CDG airport, but is it a postal hub or is it some kind of Customs place?

Incidentally "Signed For" isn't all it's cracked up to be; you can't get a copy of the signature for evidence if your package is delivered to someone else, and here in our village it's the postman who signs for it! La Poste isn't worried about Royal Mail formalities, once it's delivered, that's it, job done.

Meanwhile I sit and wait for the latest missing package which is currently at Roissy. I hate to say this, but I wonder if it's one of the perks of the job there, rather like it used to be when working on the docks years ago!! [:-))]

Yes Sid,  Apparently only really tracked to the point where it left the UK, although you say it arrived in France so maybe that's the hand over point but RM cannot track beyond that point.  I have had to make claims from RM on various occasions.  Couriers seem more reliable but I stopped sending things RM tracked and sent them standard post. Our own Frenchie on here received her package from me in two days rather than the five days it would take tracked and that was after sending her the first one via RM tracked which vanished.  It's about time something was done about this piracy.

Yes it causes no end of trouble with the French post people signing for parcels on behalf of then delivering them some time afterwards.  The numerous pool testers I send out almost without fail trigger the same email from people after I provide them with the tracking details and it says delivered on the website of the courier company.

We certainly have had problems with things from Amazon, they seem to arrive at this place "ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP" and disappear in to a black hole. Fortunatly Amazon does accept non arrivals although in most cases I get an email from Amazon to say they couldn't deliver because nobody was in! How do they work that out when it never got any further than Roissy? They do however give a complete refund within 24 hours. I once pulled by postman about this and showed him the tracking list. He said he never had it and could not understand why it had not even got to Toulouse let alone to Quillan, in fact he was quite upset thinking I was acusing him of stealing it. Certainly we have no problems from The Great British Corner Shop nor from Animal Medical, they all arrive in around three days.

I sent a parcel to France last week using Parcelforce (via Parcel2ship). The tracking log for the parcel is shown below. The destination was in a small village of about 40 properties, and was in fact eventually delivered to the local post office, whence it was collected by the addressee when he went in to find out WIHIH ...

Parcel No: 

CK**GB

Held

Signed for by

Parcel tracking details

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
02-03-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEAddress problem - require sender's instruction
02-03-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEAddress problem - require sender's instruction
02-03-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEDelivered
02-03-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEReceived at delivery depot
28-02-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEReceived at delivery depot
28-02-201424:00Delivery Agent - FRANCEAddress problem - require sender's instruction
27-02-201414:12CARVIN PFC (COLIPOSTE)Received in destination country
27-02-201404:00International HubForwarded for export
27-02-201402:15International HubForwarded for export
27-02-201402:15International HubReceived and processed
26-02-201422:39International HubReceived and processed
26-02-201422:18International HubReceived and processed
26-02-201416:41* DepotForwarded for processing
26-02-201411:20* DepotCollected from customer
26-02-201400:00WDM Online

Well, would you believe it! I post about it on here and an hour later the bl**dy thing turns up!

I had a long conversation with the postman which ended with, guess what, a helpful shrug! [:D]

Actually he's a decent enough guy, and he obviously couldn't explain my previous missing packages. There is a Customs point at Roissy apparently, so I've no idea if it's them or La Poste.  Also, for the first time in years, he came to the door for me to sign for this one!

Amazon I find much more reliable, which goes against your experience Q. I've had several packages in the last few weeks all of which arrived earlier than their predicted delivery date, but I notice that these all originated in France even though I ordered from the UK site. It looks as though they're now streamlining their logistics so that stuff is sent from the depot in the destination country where practical.

Panic over ... until the next time. [blink]

Pickles, your post (ha ha, no pun intended) arrived while I was typing.

Do ParcelForce packages get delivered by LaPoste here? I get a white van quite often, and I think it's just an independent courier, in our case usually from Poitiers or Niort.

Yours sounds like bone-idleness at the far end!

[quote user="sid"]Pickles, your post (ha ha, no pun intended) arrived while I was typing.

Do ParcelForce packages get delivered by LaPoste here? I get a white van quite often, and I think it's just an independent courier, in our case usually from Poitiers or Niort.

Yours sounds like bone-idleness at the far end![/quote]

My previous ParcelForce parcels have been delivered by LaPoste (Colipost). The people on the receiving end were surprised that there seemed to have been any difficulty whatsoever in finding the location, and expressed the view that the "refer to sender for instructions" code that was being used was in fact covering up "I can't be bothered going out there today".

Try sending stuff to Italy ... now THAT'S fun ... or rather it isn't ...

I have posted before about the abysmal service from LaPoste, but apparently in La France profonde everyone knows their friendly post-lady who not only delivers the mail on time but also collects letters for posting and brings a full English breakfast when you are feeling down...[blink]

[quote user="NormanH"]I have posted before about the abysmal service from LaPoste, but apparently in La France profonde everyone knows their friendly post-lady who not only delivers the mail on time but also collects letters for posting and brings a full English breakfast when you are feeling down...[blink]
[/quote]

Blimey your lucky Norman and English breakfast when your ill, mine doesn't even bring a calendar at Christmas these days.

• 2 months later...
Yet another parcel down the black hole at ROISSY. Sent from the UK and arrived Paris on 6th May. Doing a Google search reveals huge numbers of complaints about the atrocious service and it seems there is nothing you can do about it.

This site seems to be reserved for complaints which are never answered.

[quote user="Jay"]Yet another parcel down the black hole at ROISSY. Sent from the UK and arrived Paris on 6th May. Doing a Google search reveals huge numbers of complaints about the atrocious service and it seems there is nothing you can do about it.

This site seems to be reserved for complaints which are never answered.

[/quote]

I should imagine they have an investigation branch like Royal Mail . Any suggestion of theft to them and they should move in and test the staff to monitor what goes through their hands..............or does not ....Then they should act . Perhaps somebody should suggest they get involved  as they suspect its a den of thieves ?