Jean-Marie Le Pen

Oh I disagree Q. There are lots of FN voters in my old village.

And what did we have....... one arab family in the village and they owned their own home and eventually left. One turkish family too.  We had one black lady, from the french Antillies, my friend and a wonderful woman and she sadly died of cancer. Her husband was white and french and a miserable git, and their kids one lovely and other rabid FNer.  So there is not really much unemployment and not really any imigrees.

It happens in the UK too, it is the perception of some foreigners that is the problem rather than people's experience.

I have my own views about lots of this and sometimes feel like I am the only one who stands back and looks at this universally. Politicians and most people seem to be royally oblivious to the obvious.

edit, only recently my kids have told me about the problems they had being 'anglais' in our village and at the local college. More will probably come out as time goes by.

[quote user="idun"]Oh I disagree Q. There are lots of FN voters in my old village.

[/quote]

I am not necessarily taking about small villages. We had only one Muslim family which the villagers have driven out however they visit the big town like Carcassonne, Perpignan and of course Toulouse all of which have very big, noticeable, immigrant populations hence. I read somewhere that our area also has one of the largest percentages of unemployed in France with many of the youngsters moving away leaving only old folk behind. There is also a direct correlation between unemployment and FN voting in France.

Unemployment/FN voting

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Quillan"]You could try Ukip, some of their members seem to think the same way as Le Pen.[/quote]

Some members of all political parties think that way, that is not a UKIP exclusive.

[/quote]

Judging by reports in the news over the last 12 to 18 months it would seem Ukip has more than the average.

[/quote]

Not according to the reports I've read. Having said that I don't read the Daily Mail.

Well my son is moving down to Perpignan next weekend to start his new life, will ask him when he has been there a few months how it compares to back home here in the NW and you wouldn't know he is originally English either by his accent as he has been in France since he was little and is now 28 already. His girlfriend who has been teaching down there for well over a year now has had run-ins with different cultures at school, the worst being the gypsys who,the head warned her, would kill you as much as look at you should you single their kids out! Thankfully she transferred to another primary school a few weeks later but she was on the phone crying every night from being scared to death.

[quote user="Val_2"]Well my son is moving down to Perpignan next weekend to start his new life, will ask him when he has been there a few months how it compares to back home here in the NW and you wouldn't know he is originally English either by his accent as he has been in France since he was little and is now 28 already. His girlfriend who has been teaching down there for well over a year now has had run-ins with different cultures at school, the worst being the gypsys who,the head warned her, would kill you as much as look at you should you single their kids out! Thankfully she transferred to another primary school a few weeks later but she was on the phone crying every night from being scared to death.[/quote]

There is a problem in Perpignan with a clash between two communities, the gitans on the one  hand and the Maghrebins on the other.

This came to a violent head a few years back but it simmers on.

http://www.lepoint.fr/societe/perpignan-l-affaire-du-meurtre-a-l-origine-des-emeutes-de-mai-2005-devant-les-assises-14-06-2010-466382_23.php

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Quillan"]You could try Ukip, some of their members seem to think the same way as Le Pen.[/quote]

Some members of all political parties think that way, that is not a UKIP exclusive.
[/quote]

Judging by reports in the news over the last 12 to 18 months it would seem Ukip has more than the average.

[/quote]

Not according to the reports I've read. Having said that I don't read the Daily Mail.
[/quote]

Yes I gather the DM doesn't like Kippers yet a lot of them post there, it's good entertainment winding them up, same with The Guardian. Anyway there are a lot more news sources than the DM like the TV for instance. ersoanlly I am more of a Times, New Statesman and Indy sort of bloke, I like to cover a broad spectrum. I think your tell porkies about not reading the DM because you seem to know so much about what it prints and I think you once gave a link to an article in it, not that it's important. [;-)]

[quote user="Val_2"]Well my son is moving down to Perpignan next weekend to start his new life, will ask him when he has been there a few months how it compares to back home here in the NW and you wouldn't know he is originally English either by his accent as he has been in France since he was little and is now 28 already. His girlfriend who has been teaching down there for well over a year now has had run-ins with different cultures at school, the worst being the gypsys who,the head warned her, would kill you as much as look at you should you single their kids out! Thankfully she transferred to another primary school a few weeks later but she was on the phone crying every night from being scared to death.[/quote]

It depends where in Perpignan. We drive through a large Arab area on the way to watch the rugby (the road that comes down from the airport). There is also an Arab area in the centre of town. I actually like it because you have Arab shops selling all sorts of spices, food etc. It has that wonderful smell that sort of draws you in. My French friends tell me it is dangerous there but I have visited it many times without a problem although I am not sure I would bother after dark. In deed there are a few areas in Perpignan where I wouldn’t walk at night but thats more to do with the army personnel out on the town getting drunk as the Artillery regiment and the Para's based there.

Mind you there are parts of Carcassonne that are just as bad. Inner city poverty, no work, many young people and all that.

[quote user="NickP"]Haven't you got any washing up to do, or beds to make. Your constant contsant drip drip of crap is getting embarrassing. [:P]
[/quote]

Well Nick being a bullshiter myself at times it is a great pleasure for me to see a master at work, it's truly inspirational[:D]

[:D][quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="NickP"]Haven't you got any washing up to do, or beds to make. Your constant contsant drip drip of crap is getting embarrassing. [:P]

[/quote]

Well Nick being a bullshiter myself at times it is a great pleasure for me to see a master at work, it's truly inspirational[:D]

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] You are mistaken my old mate not bullshit but the truth, although I understand you may find that difficult to recognize it as such, as the truth often is for the anally retentive.

P.s, Tip to others, bullshitter is allowed bullshit isn't, how weird is that? [:D]

I was talking to an Algerian in London last week, he has lived all over Europe and the UK for the last 20 years and said that he could never live in France, he asked me how I felt there (here) as someone recognised as an immigrant by their accent rather than colour.

I told him that I did not intend to stay in France as I could never feel at ease and free, at least not where I currently live, the one place where I feel completely at ease, at home if you like, is the Arab quartier of Amiens (Amiens Nord) it might be claimed to be one of the most dangerous areas of France with a constant GIGN presence, regular riots and car burnings etc but there we are all foreigners and there is a real cultural mix which I greatly enjoy.

I havnt been for a long time as these days I usually train on a Sunday morning but tomorrow I am looking forward to my fix.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I was talking to an Algerian in London last week, he has lived all over Europe and the UK for the last 20 years and said that he could never live in France, he asked me how I felt there (here) as someone recognised as an immigrant by their accent rather than colour.

I told him that I did not intend to stay in France as I could never feel at ease and free, at least not where I currently live, the one place where I feel completely at ease, at home if you like, is the Arab quartier of Amiens (Amiens Nord) it might be claimed to be one of the most dangerous areas of France with a constant GIGN presence, regular riots and car burnings etc but there we are all foreigners and there is a real cultural mix which I greatly enjoy.

I havnt been for a long time as these days I usually train on a Sunday morning but tomorrow I am looking forward to my fix.

[/quote]

You would feel at home chez moi....except that we aren't accepted. It's reverse discrimination.

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]
You would feel at home chez moi....except that we aren't accepted. It's reverse discrimination.
[/quote]

I always find it funny that people seem to think racism only goes one way when I know from personal experience that it does not. I also think it is amusing these days when the laws against racism are made by 'white' people. The best one is the name used in the coloured community mainly by younger people and black comedians, particularily in the US which was the name of Guy Gibsons dog, yet it can never be used by 'white' people. I think it is a terrible word especially given its background and should be banned full stop.

[quote user="ebaynut"]Q wrote, You could try Ukip, some of their members seem to think the same way as Le Pen. No 5hit!!!!!!! Thank you for pointing that out, I had not made the connection before.[/quote]

Well there you go, you learn something new every day. [8-|]

[quote user="Chancer"]

Marion Maréchal Le Pen

She is very intelligent, articulate, easy on the eye and ears and doesnt outwardly display the haine that the other two cannot hide.

I Wonder how soon before the grandfather gives a public declaration of support for her over her aunty?

[/quote]

Looks like I was on the money this time:

Jean-Marie Le Pen, brouillé avec sa fille Marine, évoque dans le JDD pour la première fois la possibilité de ne pas être tête de liste FN aux régionales et "ne voit que Marion" Maréchal-Le Pen pour le remplacer.

Le président d'honneur du Front national a annoncé vendredi qu'il maintenait sa volonté d'être candidat en Provence-Alpes-Vôte d'Azur (Paca) aux régionales de décembre, en dépit de l'opposition de sa fille.

Parlant d'une "crise sans précédent", la présidente du parti, Marine Le Pen, a décidé de s'opposer à cette candidature à la suite de nouveaux propos polémiques de son père sur BFMTV et dans l'hebdomadaire d'extrême droite Rivarol. La question sera soumise à un bureau politique le 17 avril.

Dans des déclarations au Journal du dimanche, Jean-Marie Le Pen envisage la possibilité de ne pas conduire la liste FN en Paca. Il précise qu'il fera connaître sa position lundi.

"Si je n'étais pas candidat, je ne vois que Marion. Il n'y a aucune autre personnalité qui ait autant de notoriété et de particularité au sein du Front national pour cette région", dit le cofondateur du Front national à propos de sa petite-fille et députée FN du Vaucluse.

Jeudi, le secrétaire général du FN, Nicolas Bay, un proche de Marine Le Pen, a estimé que Jean-Marie Le Pen n'était pas "la meilleure locomotive" pour conduire la liste FN aux régionales, et que Marion Maréchal-Le Pen aurait "une légitimité certaine" à le faire.

Those ignorant of her will not be for much longer, you are going to see a media feeding Frenzy especially if she starts taking selfies [:P]