I have just been.........

idun

I have just been put in my place by a french lady of a certain age and I have the biggest smile on my face.

I could tell that my questioning about something that is of the utmost importance to us was considered to have gone on long enough and in only those tones that the french manage so beautifully, she said that the conversation had reached it's conclusion ( it hadn't, really had not) and to write if I needed to know anything else.

It was one of those moments, it was brilliant and I shall smile for most of the day now. I have been put in my place and the conversation ended.

No, she did not say that.

I cannot even remember what she said now, she was so.......... aloof and condescending.

As soon as I realised what was happening to me, I tried to speak as quickly as I could to get my questions in, but she was having none of it, didn't answer one of them, she knew what she was going to do and not do......... and answering me was not going to happen....... it was ............ wonderful......... still smiling about it.

And now I am having to write, ah well! C'est la vie!!

[quote user="woolybanana"]Could this lady perhaps be introduced to Norman and one other rather argumentative member? It might make for a more peaceful life and it would do them good![/quote

]I would think that this forum along with all the other ailing Forums could do with a few more Normans +1, as if it relies on your contributions Mr WB the exodus will grow at an alarming rate.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Where was this delightful lady Idun?? You omited to say.. Sounds like a functionaire, however that's spelled in the feminine??

[/quote]

Actually, Jonz, the spelling is fonctionnaire (same for male and female)........that's the nitpicker in me speaking.

Or, if you prefer, you could say les foncs to avoid distinguishing between masculine and feminine[I]

NickyDemous, I would welcome more Normans but where could they be found; it seems we might have Goostick back again, after a long absence, though I suspect he is just bored as he has noone to play with for the moment. He certainly has time to get a lotta words off his chest.

So, if you know any fun chums or chumettes get them to join us or speak out if they are hoverers, excluding nasty Brexiteers and France haters, of course.

Perhaps you might advertise in The Telegraph!

[quote user="woolybanana"] it seems we might have Goostick back again, after a long absence, though I suspect he is just bored as he has noone to play with for the moment. He certainly has time to get a lotta words off his chest. [/quote]

Oh would that be true; old fuzzy-coated long yellow chap!

Remember, I am a writer, therefore words come easy to me.

That said, if one has something of value to say, then a position which many would consider radical, must be explained, fully and justified.

Unlike the average Pro-Brexit/Anti-Brexit commentator, of course...[:-))] who seemed to follow the lead of Dodgy Dave et al and their fallacious pamphlets.

[;-)]