suddenly, it's.................spring!

mint

Yes, lovely, lovely, lovely, everything bursting into buds and the crocuses, daffodils, coming through.

Also, no rain or high winds...........all gone.  Worked up a sweat early on just shifting branches in a t-shirt.

Will now be able to get all the oven shelves and trays out to clean in the sun because there is no further excuse about it being too wet or too cold to clean them properly out of doors.

BEST OF ALL, my poor elderly dog who hasn't been so well lately, lifted her head in the air and her nose was swivelling around for sniffs, wagged her tail and asked to be let out into the garden.  It's been several sad weeks when we have had to persuade and drag her outside for her toilet needs sometimes in cold and pouring rain and often in the middle of the night.  Hope springs eternal; so true today[:D] 

A good friend has cheered up, I simply accept that nights are getting lighter and our marigolds are out, but I love autumn and winter.

Today I wore my wool coat instead of my wonderful luscious doudoune and shoes instead of my lovely boots...... I think I would would have been too hot as the weather is certainly warmer than it has been.

[quote user="Gardengirl "]Nice news about your dog, Mint.

We've had lunch on the balcony today, 16.8C in the shade but felt decidedly chilly when it went behind a cloud.[/quote]

Thank you, GG.  Oh, I could jump for joy!

22° on our glassed-in balcony.  Have made an appt with the toiletteur for doggie for Friday now that she seems able to stand on her hind legs.

New car delivered to the house on 1 March and today is just one of those happy and unexpected blessing that does come one's way now and again[:D]

Joyeuse anniversaire, chère nectarine![kiss]

I have a French friend whose name is close to yours.  She is called Clémentine and I shall be seeing her tomorrow.

But, TBH, I don't know the difference between mandarins, nectarines and satsumas.  If anyone know, please explain!  I only know that I don't like the ones with pips!!!

Now come on, girls...

Nectarines are QUITE different.

I saw a TV prog the other day from which I learnt that all those mini-orange things are "mandarins", then they are subdivided into tangerines, clementines, etc. Clementines have no pips, and are slightly sweeter.

Been a lovely day here in the P de C; 15 degrees and gloriously sunny as we set off to visit the excellent new museum at the Thiepval monument, near Chancer's!

OK, Clever Cloggs, mandarin is a generic name for all mini oranges; I get that now, thanks!

When I see my friend, Clémentine, tomorrow, I shall tell her that you said she was sweet and had no pips.  Actually, that sounds exactly like her.

So then, what are the loose-skinned ones called?  I like them because they are easier to peel.  Maybe those are satsumas?

I pass on the very titchy ones because they are really little bigger than gob-stoppers and don't warrant the work of peeling them!

We have a daphne shrub in a large trough next to the front door and it's coming into bloom.  The most gorgeous, delicious fragrance every time I enter and exit the house.  In the back garden, it's a heady combination of mahonia, daphne and winter honeysuckle.

The winter troughs are turning into spring troughs as all the underplanted tete-a-tete bulbs are bursting out with plump buds; the winter flowering heathers will be out-shone very soon.

As much as I enjoy all the seasons, I wish I could bottle the fragrance of those winter flowering shrubs.

Mr. Nectarine rather unkindly said that our fruit has dimply orange skin and a soggy interior. I prefer to think as myself as ripe and luscious (and no, NOT ready for peeling).

Actually I'm never sure of the difference between mandarins, clementines and nectarines either ...