Migrants, Brexit & Marine Le Pen

My niece came to Paris and stayed with us for a few days.

I picked her up from CDG, and took her back to our flat via the inside of Paris to see the sights by car.

We entered Paris by Porte de la Chapelle...which is the natural route into Paris.

OMG, what a mess. Migrants everywhere...it was truly horrible. It was a disgrace....and I feel for any one living in that quarter of Paris. You are sitting in a car hoping for the lights to turn green. Scary !!!

I took her on a tour of Paris. I have to say it was worse. At Notre Dame you have gangs of unsavoury types waiting to pick off tourists. A French lady came across to us and said to be careful.

We went to Montmartre and it was even worse. We came out of a Boulangerie and in front of us a migrant (he was not French or French speaking) tried to steal an ipad from some tourists bag. Unfortunately for him, he picked the wrong couple. The bloke (I think he was Russian) punched him and then chased after him for some more. It was quite funny actually.

At the top of Montmartre, rather than looking at the view of Paris we sat looking at migrants trying their luck to pickpocket, extract cash from whoever they can.

Migrants, Brexit and Marine Le Pen !!!

We are living in tough times.

Hello even my poodle watches the French news and knows Paris is teaming with immigrants. Have you not been out and about LOL

You cannot blame migrants for pick pocketing. Paris has been famous for that for years.

You should live in the countryside lots of British migrants but not so many pickpocketers.

Actually I stay away from tourist bits. But I have say, it was a shock. Pickpockets tend operate with stealth (think Oliver twist) but I guess for our new friends it is a bit more difficult lol.

Porte de la Chapelle is a disaster...imagine Calais. For those who live there and have expensive property must be so depressed. I dare say you can't go out.

You can understand the current political mess in Europe at the moment. Tourism is Paris biggest employer, someone needs to sort this out. I was watching tourists from all over the world being constantly pestered.

YOU my dear ALBF should watch the Journal de 20h from time to time, they all too often show all the migrants, the tent cities in the centre of Paris.......... as well as the indiginous SDF's, in fact I often wonder what happens to them these days. As there are lots in gay Paris!

I do my dear Idun.

There was a report the other day on TF1 or maybe France 3 from a town (can't remember where it was) where a migrant centre was set up. All the locals in the 'local' bar being interviewed said they would be voting FN !!!

There was also a chateaux in the Indre et Loire that was converted into a de-radicalization centre for ex jihads (I think Leven has heard of it !!!)......there was a big uproar when it opened. Anyway, it has been closed. I think most of them buggéred off and the centre was just left with two. I guess they were bored out of their minds.

Testing times.

They will continue to turn a blind eye until someone is badly hurt, killed, raped or a jihadist is cornered there, then they will do a(nother) massive clean up operation like at Calais, ship them all off to the centre d'hébergements where they will get fed up once again , moan about the food, burn a few of them to the ground then return to the Streets of Paris to recommence their trade.

It is like Fred Flinstone putting out Dino at night [:P]

I am shocked ALBF, you constantly berate us Brits for living in the most profund bits of France profund. You tell us how the cities are so much better and that is where we should be looking to move to. Now you post about Paris (where you live and work - region if not the city itself) and you paint such a depressing picture, I doubt anyone would want to go there - even Syrian refugees.