Citizen Poutou will not be there...

Or so it seems; apparently it is unlikely that he will get the 500 parrainages needed to contest the Presidential election. Which is a pity as the old boy is fun even if totally nuts.

His appearance is somewhere between Jeremy Corbyn and Ken Dodd but his twinkling eyes suggest he might be a good grandfather.

He is, of course, of the extreme radical left, of a pre-electronic age in politics when workers worked in filthy, soul destroying jobs and died young, but when jobs were hereditary (they still are in the docks) and when a good day out meant flying the blood spattered banner high and proud after a gallow or two or red or amber liquid.

But he will be missed when one looks at the bland, shifty bunch of reprobates that are jostling in the piggies pit to govern this lovely nation that has so much unleashed, wasted potential.

And the nation is the poorer for it.

[quote user="NormanH"]Thank goodness for a poster who takes a bit of interest in the election.

I suppose if your banana is wooly you haven't a lot of chance of an erect***

[/quote]

And thank goodness you have posted!  I was beginning to wonder whether they are keeping you in until they feel it safe to let you go?

Don't worry about no one else being interested..........I am following proceedings as closely as I can.  But, still can't find a local willing to discuss the election[:(]  Could be the way I broach the subject, not much subtlety (?spelling) methinks![:-))]

Norman..said....

......"Thank goodness for a poster who takes a bit of interest in the election"

A little bit patronising that to be fair Norman. I guess everyone takes an interest in the French election. Even the French.

Having said that, if people have been listening carefully MLP said that if she gets elected Brits living in or wishing to move to France can live happily ever after. Well as long as you have no criminal record and love French culture.

Does that rule out all those living in Eymet and the Cher ? LOL

[quote user="NormanH"]Thank goodness for a poster who takes a bit of interest in the election.

I suppose if your banana is wooly you haven't a lot of chance of an erect***

[/quote]

Norman, you were so right to have had a haircut but I didnt know you had Spanish blood.

Perhaps the police will stop harrassing you now!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4319576/Homeless-Spanish-man-s-INCREDIBLE-transformation.html

Those living in Eymet and the Char are probably just as interested as anyone else so don't patronize them.

At least, ALBF, you can follow the French news on their international channel in English as I doubt you can read in French or follow the information in French on the telly. Or does wifey give you a daily summary?

Those living in Eymet are more concerned about their next Asda food delivery....given there are three dedicated vans a week delivering their weekly UK food cr@p. So no, they are free game. Let them burn.

Only French telly in our our flat Wally. Our balcony does not point 28 degrees east of south. Have a nice view of the Eiffel tower that makes up for that mind you. Eiffel tower vs Eastenders or the one show. Tough one.

I am happy to admit I am illiterate in both French and English. I was very creative at school and good at drama though.

My hearing and french aren't good enough for their TV news chanels, though I do read a few french newspapers which seem to be more literate than english papers, even the broadsheets.

I usually watch the daily debate on France 24, 7.15pm french time. But can't judge whether it's biased or not - bound to be I suppose. That often covers the election.

Anyone else watch it?

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Those living in Eymet are more concerned about their next Asda food delivery....given there are three dedicated vans a week delivering their weekly UK food cr@p. So no, they are free game. Let them burn.

Only French telly in our our flat Wally. Our balcony does not point 28 degrees east of south. Have a nice view of the Eiffel tower that makes up for that mind you. Eiffel tower vs Eastenders or the one show. Tough one.

I am happy to admit I am illiterate in both French and English. I was very creative at school and good at drama though.[/quote]

not very academic but good at drama,

Drama queen perhaps lol