Things that are changing from the 1 May

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conso/2017/04/30/20010-20170430ARTFIG00045-tarifs-du-gaz-prix-de-la-consultation-immobilier-ce-qui-change-au-1er-mai.php

One that most people will see is the rise in the price of a consultation to 25€

but gas prices are going down.

An interesting extension of the  way Chancer and I suggested for finding out house prices is a new official site:

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/R34630

Before you had to go through your 'espace particilier' on the impôt site.

You will still need  your numéro fiscale and the password for the impôt site though.

As we said in the other thread, that is a site run by estate agents who want you to sign up, and it has nothing to do with the real prices people have paid.

It estimated my house at 125,000[:D] when in fact the house next door just sold for 37,000 and looking on the site I recommended which gives the real prices paid and recorded by the tax authorities, nothing within 500 metres of mine has fetched more than 60,000....

Of course anyone who would like to buy mine at 100k will be getting a bargain according to meilleursagents [+o(]  Don't all rush...

A free estimation? They need your phone number to estimate [8-)]

As soon as I can get SWMBO to sign on to the impot site we will check ours as we are selling at the moment. A tad more than 100,000 though Norman.

Ta for the link [:D]

[quote user="NormanH"]As we said in the other thread, that is a site run by estate agents who want you to sign up, and it has nothing to do with the real prices people have paid.

[/quote]

I realise that, but the gov't estimation can not offer any comparison for our house with anything sold within a kilometer within the last 3 years.

The estate agents' site estimates its value at about 20% more than we paid 7 years ago, before we made considerable improvements, which seems a fairly realistic guide.

NormanH wrote :

Before you had to go through your 'espace particilier' on the impôt site.

You will still need your numéro fiscale and the password for the impôt site though.

All that plus we have to choose - compulsorily - an option from this list :

Indiquer les motifs de votre visite (obligatoire) :

- déclaration d'ISF

- déclaration de succession

- acte de donation

- contrôle fiscal

- expropriation

Heavens above, which one did you opt for ? I'm thinking 'acte de donation' sounds the least oppressive/invasive.

Sue

That's the one I chose each time..

ALBF the post is there to inform people of several changes that come into effect today

The rise in the cost of an appointment with a géneralist to 25€

Lower gas prices (-3.3%)

Free testing for skin cancer

The dates for declaring this year's income

AirBnb charging taxe de séjour in extra towns

Some changes in the rules for those under the RSI

And then the bringing in of the new site that I mentioned to help find the real selling prices of houses  rather than the fantasy estimations on the meilleuragents one.

That last item has attracted all the replies, but I would have thought that the other information is of sufficient concrete interest to justify posting.

hat's the general idea my slippery skinned friend.. We decided a while back that the time has come to see some more of our England. We have had a lovely time here and it has been a very difficult decision to make. Before any ask, it's got nowt to do with Brit/Frog/Craut/Ital or any other exit and we decided long before that happened.

Just the start of a new chapter.. So if anyone wants our house then it's a bit more than Norman's but well worth it [8-|]

Why? [8-)]

Don't they have internet access in the U.K. now [:-))]

You obviously didn't not ever hear of the 'bad penny' and I don't mean yer old girlfriend mate [6]

You don't get rid of me that easy. I was on here years before we moved over and I have no intent on leaving [blink]

Jonzjob wrote:

<

Don't they have internet access in the U.K. now Woot! [:-))]

You obviously didn't not ever hear of the 'bad penny' and I don't mean yer old girlfriend mate Devil [6]

You don't get rid of me that easy. I was on here years before we moved over and I have no intent on leaving Blink [blink]>>

That's very good to hear! ?

[quote user="woolybanana"]Maybe wait for the UK property crash and get a much better place?[/quote]

Wools, you serious about a UK property crash?  I mean a proper crash and not just "house prices are not going up as rapidly as in the previous quarter" type of thing?

Of course there are some ifs and buts as things stand at the moment, but the insane levels of both public and private debt plus Brexit may well force a rise in interest rates.

In addition, there will be hefty rises in taxes whichever party wins, plus wages aint gonna go up too much. Then key areas such a banking are likely to chuck another 100,000 onto the job market plus companies like Nissan and many others possibly leaving will add huge numbers.

If interest rates do rise, many folk won't be able to afford their mortgages or to take on new ones.

All of which will burst the ridiculous house price bubble which has arisen over the last ten years or so, leading to a substantial fall in property prices.

The idiocy of Brexit has made things much much worse, by the way.

Happy days!

IMHO, DYOR