Everyone is Selling Up !!!

Is it me or is everyone selling up in France ?

Without naming names it seems that across many forums people are selling up in France and moving back to Blighty.

BUT, according to a well known idiot website, 35000 % of people looking to move to France from the UK are bringing their project forward due to Brexit. Or did they just make that figure up ????....yes OK they did.

This does not make sense at all. So what is going on ?

Probably a few more going at the moment to take advantage of the weak pound.

But there will always be a steady flow the other way, so their figures may not be so stupid.

There is a seven to ten year cycle to this, I think; those who came out on retirement are now going back where they can, arriving at 70 and feeling the need to placate whinging kids and grandkids who need free childcare etc!

We may well see quite a bit of profit taking in British property before a possible market crash; a certain amount of that will be spent in FRance.

I take it your plans to return to Blighty (how I HATE that expression) are no further advanced, ALBF?

People coming and people going in this part..same as ever. 75 seems to be a turning point for many..If you want to spend your last days in the UK it seems to be the make or break age. Many don't go back though, but downsize to the smaller house in town. Last three properties round here to sell were to younger 50ish Brits.