French Naturalisation

Noisette

Just back from the Préfecture in Bordeaux where we had our long-awaited interviews for French citizenship. The dossiers were submitted in May. The interview was much, much easier than expected. I must give credit for that to the guidelines issued by the Government department itself, the RIFT website and various other sites where previous applicants have posted their experiences. We now have a 10 month wait to see if we're accepted or not. If anyone is considering going down the same route, feel free to PM me for details.

That's disgraceful, Norman! Which Préfecture is it? I'd write or call and give them a nudge. What if you want to apply for a CdS?...You'll need your certificates for that.

WB, It seems perfectly natural to me, but then it's a bit like transsexuality.....some people are born in the wrong body, some in the wrong country :-)

Betty.....true to form ;-)

That is good if you 'feel' french, and I take it that you act french too.

And that is the reason that I could never become 'french' because I am not and I would never take a flag of convenience. If we hadn't left we would have been there for nearly 40 years and I know I still wouldn't have felt other than english.