House collapse in Marseille

nomoss

An English friend just sent me a link to a BBC story on this, but I had not heard about it, even though
"government ministers visited the scene and national TV and radio channels covered the disaster exhaustively"

We were watching TV a lot during the last week, all channels were saturated with news from the USA, a neighbour having lunch with us didn't mention it, nor did anyone in the shops or any French forum I looked at.

Was it such a well reported disaster, or are they too used to houses falling down here for it to make the headlines?

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]ummmm...HELLO !!!!

It has been on the French news constantly since it happened. It was live reported on BFM.

God almighty Nomoss.

Turn off your UK TV. LOL.[/quote]

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]................................... I don't even

listen to the radio. Because that is in blôody French. LOL. ................
[/quote]

Nor do I, and it was not mentioned at any time when we were watching TV5.

We used to watch France24, but it is now only available in HD, although it is on for an hour in the evening via another channel.

There was a lot of coverage in the MidiLibre

Then something similar  though far less serious as there was no loss of life happened at the bottom of my road on Wednesday
Several streets in the town centre heee  have been or are being demolished  because of subsidence

It is estimated that there could be 450,000 buildings in a dangerous condition in France.
This little video by LeMonde is worth watching and easy to follow

Whereas American's who love to tell the world how to do everything build their houses of wood in areas renowned for forest fires.  Look on the TV (as we can't avoid these stories at the moment) the only bit left standing is the STONE FIREPLACE! maybe a clue there America?

[quote user="NormanH"]
It is estimated that there could be 450,000 buildings in a dangerous condition in France.
This little video by LeMonde is worth watching and easy to follow

[/quote]
And only 50 British to come and buy them!! [:D]