Any new rules today??

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that now the mayors of some major cities like Paris, Nice and Bordeaux have made new rules and I am becoming a bit overloaded with the different instructions.

For example, in Paris, you can no longer "faire le jogging" between 19.00 and (I think) 10.00 hours.  I hear vague reports of confinement rules being made stricter but can't find out what these stricter rules are for all of France.

The nearest grande ville to us is Bordeaux though that is in the neighbouring department and the mayor there is giving out reusable cloth masks to the Bordelais.

In my own little village, the mairie has 2 piles of the 2 types of attestations in boxes outside that anyone can help themselves to.

In the Dordogne as a whole, we have had 4 deaths since 1 March, 3 of whom were from a home for Alzheimer patients.  So, maybe we are "behind" other areas and there are at the moment no new rules.

If anyone has seen or heard anything on new rules, could you please tell us what they are, svp?

mint wrote :

Have made a note to watch tomorrow evening.

There does seem to be some confusion over this .. as

some papers (eg le Figaro), are saying that Pres Macron will address the nation next Monday evening at 8pm and will announce a prolongation of the 15 April deadline.

Whilst some online ie France Bleu and France Soir are saying 8pm tomorrow, Thursday.

The choice is yours ?

Peut-être la nuit va porter conseil ..

Le confinement des Français « va être prolongé » au-delà du 15 avril et

Emmanuel Macron présentera lundi soir ses décisions pour la poursuite

de la lutte contre l’épidémie, après avoir consulté tous azimuts, a

annoncé l’Elysée mercredi 8 avril.

Perhaps this is the confusion? Between "une annonce" and The President speaking on the TV

Hi, don't hold your breath - our local rag, L'Independant, Aude, had the following yesterday and still has not been corrected!

"Coronavirus - L'Elysée confirme la prolongation du confinement après le 15 avril

Emmanuel Macron s'exprimera le lundi 16 avril"

The question about wearing a mask will have to be "également évoqué".

Is it happening today, next Monday or illogically next Thursday? Not long to wait!

UaG