a suggestion for ALBF?

Patf

I gather the post at 9:18 on this thread was an attempt at sarcasm rather than due to senility. Looking to the left of the post gives the name of the person who wrote it.

The question was asked because Norman sort of implied that he had been cheated out of the money by the "system". I think that he might have used the "system" to retrieve that money and so it was not too bad an issue - but hey he has not responded.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Life is expensive for families like us.

Oooh look....headline news from BFM today.

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/pour-74percent-des-francais-leur-pouvoir-d-achat-a-baisse-ces-derniers-mois-1556807.html

Brit retirees in France have no idea. Those moving with families are going to have a shock.[/quote]

I don't know about ALL "Brit retirees" but you are right about THIS Brit retiree[:$]

Was in Aldi towards the end of last month (note Aldi, a low-budget shop) and, just to make small talk, I remarked to the cash till person that the store seemed very quiet.  Yes, she replied, it's the end of the month.  So, people have no more money left to spend?  C'est ça, madame.

So, yes, I'd never considered this aspect of things for many people.  Not that we are wealthy, we are not; but certainly managing well enough to never have had to consider not buying food until we get paid next month!

Was in Aldi again on Tuesday and the store seemed normally busy (towards the end of the afternoon)....but, of course, with Toussaint being today, people must have been shopping for the jour ferié.

I was saddened and humbled and I couldn't help wishing that it wasn't like that[:(]

Richard51 wrote : I gather the post at 9:18 on this thread was an attempt at sarcasm rather than due to senility. Looking to the left of the post gives the name of the person who wrote it.

Good grief Richard .. how on earth did you become so pompous.

Could you not move to a forum where you might feel more at home ?

Now now Judith - no need to insult PatF.

Sue56 - show some respect to your elders.

Shame as Mint made a very important point about those who cannot make their budget stretch to the end of the month.Some people are probably too tied up in their own little worlds to bother looking at the wider scenario.

NB WB - I am currently wearing a pair of socks with "grumpy old git" written thereon. A present from my eldest..