More Covid restrictions coming in in Cities

NormanH

Yes, hope you are okay Norman.

Have read about the new restrictions.  Considering the very basic masks and distance requirements are almost totally ignored in the town we live in, I have little faith.

No one here enforces the rules.  I even see many vendors and restaurant staff with masks off while working.

It truly angers me. 

I am fine...there is a grocer whom I can phone and he prepares my order, a traiteur who does the same, one restaurant who delivers and another who keeps a table for me apart from other people (remember we can eat outside here all year round)

Bars are a forgotten memory of ill-spent youth...

I do feel for the business people who are being so hard-hit though.

Glad it sounds like you've got it covered Norman.  Crazy world.

Yes, husband and I talked about how many bars and restaurants will not be able to survive this pandemic.  Very sad really.

Am I alone in being very angry with the Chinese government?

Yes, just been watching the news on TV and the maires of Marseille and Paris and some restaurateurs are indeed fuming, steam coming out of their ears.

Government just said they were introducing nothing that hadn't been discussed with the relevant persons beforehand.

I just knew anything like new restrictions were bound to be angrily disputed.

quote - 'Am I alone in being very angry with the Chinese government?'

No, you're definitely not alone, not at all.   I'm trying to avoid any chinese 'stuff' where possible if I need now to buy anything new - but it's difficult.
But definitely hate chinese gvt;  and dislike chinese people for their love of eating anything with or without legs, and using the sick wet markets.    Now they're destroying the marine life round the Galapagos.   But that's another topic.
Chessie

[quote user="chessie"]

quote - 'Am I alone in being very angry with the Chinese government?'

No, you're definitely not alone, not at all.   I'm trying to avoid any chinese 'stuff' where possible if I need now to buy anything new - but it's difficult.
But definitely hate chinese gvt;  and dislike chinese people for their love of eating anything with or without legs, and using the sick wet markets.    Now they're destroying the marine life round the Galapagos.   But that's another topic.
Chessie [/quote]

Yes, it is, isn't it. A bit late to start actually[:(]

The big problem is that the Chinese make a lot of things everyone needs, whereas the UK makes very little and provides services a few people want.

Yes, I try very hard to buy non-Chinese made goods.  Sometimes going so far as spending hours of multiple days trying.  Sadly, many times I am left with no other choice.  Often times I will find another source, but the price will usually be 2 to 10 times the Chinese price.

While I'm happy to pay twice the price for goods up to a certain price point and very willing to pay a lot more for appliances and certain other things to avoid goods from China.  Sometimes I am stuck.  I HATE that.

This morning's walk in the parc saw the majority of adults with no mask anywhere on them.  And it wasn't really even busy.  None of them were jogging or biking (those folks never mask - even though the rules changed to include them in the parc).  I counted 71 people with no mask at all.  I didn't even start counting until around 15 minutes into the walk as by then I was just plain shocked !

My frustration annoyed my husband as he said the walk was for pleasure and my griping about adults not wearing masked ruined it...   Couldn't help it...