Health cover

I applied to change mine yesterday .. and also for hubby.  Mine went through OK, saying accepted, no problem.  I already have an EHIC which is not yet out of date.  Hubby's came back, as accepted application but will investigate, which might mean he has never had a EHIC ( it's possible, he doesn't travel much).

But the application itself was simple, name, address, email, and did you already have a S1, where do you live, are you a British citizen, all the things you would expect.

CPAM in at least one department shows British citizens who have their health cover covered by an S1 Attestation de Droits with a 31/12 end date not the usual year in the future. It’s easy to check if yours one of the ones causing stress by checking online.

The EHIC situation for S1 holders is explained simply on the gov.uk website. S1 holders use an EHIC issued by the U.K. to cover them for travel outside France and will need to apply for the new card that they will need after 01/01/2021.

Hello again, thought that we'd apply for these cards as had them in the past, though not been outside of France for fifteen years!

OH's went through with verification e-mail, my e-mail says it will be looked into first.

Decided to look out our S1's only to find that I don't have one, I registered for health care with an E121. Anyone else out there who registered with an E121? Presume this will still be valid as have had letters from UK about Brexit stating "as you are an S1 form holder..."

Regards

[quote user="Marie"]Hello again, thought that we'd apply for these cards as had them in the past, though not been outside of France for fifteen years!

OH's went through with verification e-mail, my e-mail says it will be looked into first.

Decided to look out our S1's only to find that I don't have one, I registered for health care with an E121. Anyone else out there who registered with an E121? Presume this will still be valid as have had letters from UK about Brexit stating "as you are an S1 form holder..."

Regards[/quote]

My wife and I both registered with our CPAM via E121's (in 2004). The S1 is simply the new equivalent of the E121.

We both applied for the new EHIC, and received verification on 9 Nov, when I started the topic "New European Health Card (EHIC)".

You need to look at your attestation on the Ameli site to see how long you are covered for healthcare. I am registered with an S1 and my attestation is for a full year. My wife is covered by an E121 from 2003 and her attestation expires in 31 December 2020 (BREXIT date). We are in contact with CPAM now trying to get it amended.

[quote user="Geordie"]You need to look at your attestation on the Ameli site to see how long you are covered for healthcare. I am registered with an S1 and my attestation is for a full year. My wife is covered by an E121 from 2003 and her attestation expires in 31 December 2020 (BREXIT date). We are in contact with CPAM now trying to get it amended.

[/quote]

Ours have so far both been dated for 12 months, but I recheck every so often just in case they change. I also save the latest one just in case they do.