Too many women

Lehaut

I was watching part of a docu on how the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was developed.  Alas, couldn't watch it all because it was past my bed time.

Certainly the first half an hour or so featured a team of brilliant women; head of research, head of manufacture, head of testing etc etc.  The whole set up however seemed to have a man at its head!  Seems to be like that quite often.  For example, there was a man who headed the General Nursing Council in England and Wales and this, of course, is a profession that employs predominantly women

Mint, been like that almost all the way through my career, also in a profession dominated by women, took ages to get a woman at the head of the professional association, and even now there are more men than women who get there .. yes, I begin to think we should fine them if companies have a very large gender imbalance, though I have not until now been in favour of positive discrimination, it is also evident that during Covid it is once again women who have lost most rather than men.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Judith, how do you know that wimmin have lost out over men during COVID?[/quote]
It's a trend that has been widely reported in the UK (in part because of the make up of the job market there) but is an effect less seen in France - so far.

For eg:

Or shorter version with fewer charts...