Holidays in Nice, Cannes and Monaco

Ian

I've been whiling (spelling?) away a few hours over the christmas break writing a travel/holiday guide for Nice and surrounding areas and wanted to canvas opinion on your tips for family visitors.

• Have you been to Nice, what did you like and not like?

• What were your favorite attractions/trips for keeping the kids happy?

Thanks for your help, Ian

Post edited by a moderator to remove link.

The local train into Monaco is stress free and can be entertaining in season.......passes by the nudist beach....lots of shreaks from the old girls on my train as they passed guys  who were toweling themselves ....The parks and gardens are well kept  lots of flowers and a credit to the town ...Streets were well  dog muck covered I recall ....Madam will come out of her flat in the evening in her house coat and let the pooch run free in Nice .....that was my observation but it is a few years ago so may have been clamped down on now ?  Having said that I do love Nice !  great place to be on a summer evening .....

My enduring memory of Nice from when I was about 10 years old was that the beach is very stony and when going into the sea for a swim it shelves off very quickly and deeply - bloody dangerous if you're not a good swimmer. It may have changed in the last 30-odd years though!

• 1 month later...

Above Nice and Vannes tou have some very beautiful villages .Biot......Vance which is much les known than st Paul de vence and has its old village with really nice reastaurats...all with outside eating and a really unusual hotel with 5 very comfotable  rooms.Haute Cagnes way above Cagnes Sur Mer...streets so narrow that you can barely get the car through the roads...but the atmosphere is really interesting and there is a really good hotel there .From the Terraces you have an amazing views.The two problems with the area of Cote d azur is that it gets very very crowded in summer and decent hotels will be at least 120 pounds per night.