Places to stay - nr Stow on the Wold

Judith

Hope this is the right section - since it's my holilday - in reverse - as it were!

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice - hotel or B&B, near or in Stow in the Wold to stay for a few days in early June?  Travelling around a lot, but need a few days real "holiday" in the middle of the tour.

Many thanks, both.  Quite a few in the guide look worth investigating.  And a specific recommendation is always worth investigating too, even if a few years old!  I last stayed in Stow in the early 70s - I think it might have changed quite a bit by now, and if I remember correctly, it was on that holiday that it rained and rained and rained ....... !!!

LOL - we stayed in a cottage in Islip another time nearby which was lovely- but as we have just moved can't lay my hands on details!

make sure to go to the Slaughters whilst there - and don't get carried away in antique shops!

[quote user="odile"] but as we have just moved can't lay my hands on details!

make sure to go to the Slaughters whilst there - and don't get carried away in antique shops!

[/quote]

I movd 6 mths ago and still can't find things, so I'm not surprised! 

Not been to the Slaughters, from memory, but won't get the antiques bug. not only do we not have room here, I will be travelling round the UK with a hire car, but coming back to France by train - so no extra carrying capacity.  However, if I did get to Hay on Wye, well it's a different matter with books ......!! [even though I have no room for them either!!]