wheelchair accessible accommodation

Michelle28

Hi

We are travelling from Normandy to the South of France in July and need wheelchair accessible accommodation, in particular 'wet room' shower facilities.  I cannot find any info on the Campanile site or more specific hotels.  We think that we will be stopping in the area of Tours for 24 hours so any suggestions re  particular things that we should aim to see while we are in the area would also be helpful. Our next stop will be around the village of La Tour Du Pin near Lyon.  Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Michelle

The BB Hotel/Motel group also provide wheelchair access rooms ...You have to request one  when booking . Its all on their web site  and in English should a person wish to choose  it to make their booking  . http://www.hotel-bb.com/reservation-hotel/lang/en/home/chambre-bb-hotel

Thank you so much for all of your helpful replies.  I will try to phone around and check whethere or not the rooms have a  'salle d'eau' rather than shower room but it sounds as if it should not be too difficult.

Thanks again

Michelle

If you have no luck then let me know.  Our local little motel has a good room and I can ask them if it's booked.  A little north of where you were aiming for but not too far off the motorway (30 mins or so).  But Tours is probably better for a short stop/sightseeing etc.  Lovely town - I wouldn't do more than wander around it for the day, or drive up the river a bit.

• 1 month later...
Hi Michelle

I know it's probably to late but this place has everything you will need:

www.ineedaholidaytoo.com

They have amazing facilities and are based in Brittany, France in a small town called La Roche Derrien.

Contact details:

Jacqui and Carl Alban

Freephone: 0800 949 6801

Telephone: 0033 296 91 55 97

Mobile: 0033 63 10 24 900

Good luck

Ray