Speedferries Special Offer.

JohnM

I'm not 100% I've understood quite what they are saying on this (they seem to be using a lot of words to say very little, I guess I'll have to look at their web site). But I've just had this email from Speedferries.... some of you might find it interesting.

---------------------------------------

You are receiving this email as you have purchased a ticket from Speedferries in the
last 7 months. If you would prefer not to receive marketing communications of this
type from Speedferries in the future, please click on the unsubscribe option here.
http://remove.cminteractive.com/?i=2979&c=11&a=30353

speedferries.com
http://click.cminteractive.com/?ckYt9y=2979

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuperTickets™ the most unique offer for cross-Channel ferry tickets ever.

Book your SuperTickets™ now to secure fully flexible super low cost ferry crossings
for next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheap tickets for Channel crossings normally offer cheap conditions. All sorts of
restrictions apply and usually the traveller’s money is lost if the sailing is
missed or if any changes have to be made in relation to a planned trip.

This has never been the case at SpeedFerries where tickets are always amendable for
a fee of £10. Now we are pushing the limits for low cost ferry tickets even further
by offering SuperTickets™ at no extra cost for our customers.

As an introduction all tickets sold during the month of October will be issued as
SuperTickets™. The SuperTicket™ offers great value for all, at the same time as
being a unique offer for frequent travellers:

Fully amendable
* Tickets can always be amended for a £10 fee, giving e.g. a price of £60 if a
SuperTicket is changed once to any sailing including peak season sailings.

Fixed price £50 Return for standard car + 6
* The fastest Channel crossing at high quality and low cost, bringing the traveller
closer to France via a superior destination.

Valid from October and all through 2005
* SuperTickets™ can be amended to any departure (which is not sold out),
irrespective of the future price of the new selected sailing, including peak
sailings.

* No restrictions on the duration of stay
Valid for all lengths of trips

No restrictions on the available sailing
* Valid on all not sold out departures, including high season peak sailings

Book on-line at http://click.cminteractive.com/?ckYt9y=2979  or through our call
centre* – Tel: +44 (0) 870 22 00 570
*a call centre supplement of £10 pounds will be applied

If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list please click on this link here.
Although you have the option to cancel, please note that this is an automatic
operation.

------------------------

I got this too and thought it looked like a good deal - mind you I have never paid more than £80 for a crossing with them - found that if you change your times you can normally still get a bargain even in peak season.

I just suppose it means that they can get some money in up front - maybe that means they can purchase Speedferries 2

Hi,

I also got this e-mail message from Speedferries. If you look on their website under the special offer it actually states it is a limited edition of 25 tickets per customer and to be booked in October 2004. This is great if you know when you are going to be going backward and forwards next year as you can book now and ensure all of your trips are at the £50.00 return rate.

As I say great if you know when you are going next year but if not will still have to book as early as you know after O ctoberto get the better deals.

Rita

We're planning a longish holiday next summer and will be going Speedferries because we want some flexibility in our return crossing and because we'll be taking our dog and S/F have just acquired their pet licence.

We I see it, I should be able to book with S/F "superticket" £50 for say outward on 1st September, return on 30th September. Then when we know our dates, we change the outward to (say) 1st July (+ £10) and when we're ready to return, phone their Boulogne office and rearrange our return, or even just turn up at Boulogne. Total cost exc dog = £70 but real flexibility.

I can't see anything in the small print to stop me doing it - can anyone else?

Linda

[quote]We're planning a longish holiday next summer and will be going Speedferries because we want some flexibility in our return crossing and because we'll be taking our dog and S/F have just acquired their...[/quote]

Hi Linda,

another thing to consider is that they only take so many pets and once their allocation is filled, it does not matter whether they have human seats, you will not be allowed to get on. This happened to me! Hope it helps!

Having to go to UK with one of the dogs in two weeks time. So booked with Speedferries for first time. Usually go tunnel but €400 is taking the "mick". What are they like and anything to watch out for?

Do they supply life-jackets or water-wings, or do you have to supply you own?

Can you hire someone to take your place at the oars, or do you have to row yourself?

Do you get an invite at the Captains table or bring you own refreshments?

These are the sort of worries that can make or break a trip!

[quote]Having to go to UK with one of the dogs in two weeks time. So booked with Speedferries for first time. Usually go tunnel but €400 is taking the "mick". What are they like and anything to watch out for...[/quote]

We came this time with Hoverspeed's Sea cat and were very impressed with the swiftness of the embarking and disembarking. The ship was comfortable and I do not think it was anymore noisy below decks than an average ferry. We had a rough crossing so I think a smooth one would be even better.

I would hold fire on the strapless, backle,ss evening gown for your place on the Captain's Table though!

[quote]"I would hold fire on the strapless, backle,ss evening gown for your place on the Captain's Table though" Wasted my time shaving my back and legs then?[/quote]

No, style is never wasted! I can see you now - sashaying through the woods in France resplendent in your gold lame creation with many dogs all on gold leashes all sporting, little, designer boleros ! You will be the talk of your area!

[quote]No, style is never wasted! I can see you now - sashaying through the woods in France resplendent in your gold lame creation with many dogs all on gold leashes all sporting, little, designer boleros ! ...[/quote]

Or more then likely shot! It's still season and dress like that I would be a Hell of a trophy on Les Chasse mur. 

[quote]Or more then likely shot! It's still season and dress like that I would be a Hell of a trophy on Les Chasse mur.[/quote]

Where in France are you? We are near Bordeaux and it is wise to know when the hunting days are as buckshot in the rear is a sign of an early spring!

Although we use the Eurotunnel property owners club,we have been telling people about the speedferries fares. However, we had people go to our house just over a week ago and outbound the sailing was cancelled. As no reciprocal arrangement exists with the other operators speedferries solution was to give the customers their money back and leave them to make alternative arrangements. On the return journey the ferry was delayed indefinitely. The choice was wait or have your money back. Our friends decided to take the money, drive to Calais travelled by Seafrance, which meant paying extra money(again) and as they arrived in Dover saw the speedferry just departing.

I suspect that too much of this will deter people from taking the chance of having their trip ruined and as our friends said,"finding an alternative in October was one thing but what would happen in peak season?"

Elsewhere on the forum you will see that Eurotunnel are scrapping the property owners club fares and possibly cutting services.

As far as speedferry2 goes, well I would say don't hold your breath, remember the current service was over a year late in going into service.  

[quote]Although we use the Eurotunnel property owners club,we have been telling people about the speedferries fares. However, we had people go to our house just over a week ago and outbound the sailing was c...[/quote]

Thanks for cheering me up! I bet your a wow at funerals!

[quote]Thanks for cheering me up! I bet your a wow at funerals![/quote]

Yes, I don't want this kind of news either!!!! I have booked six crossing on these ferries as they were such a good price! Maybe to cover all eventualities,  I should invest in an inflatable lifeboat and start rowing lessons at the gym!

A couple of months ago, this and other forums were full of praise for Speedferries: low cost; fast and efficient; friendly, smiling staff; helpful admin staff etc etc. They even had staff on the forum willing to listen and take action on posted comments if deemed necessary. Predicting doom and gloom because of a couple of cancellations, isn't really giving them the chance they need to succeed and grow in the business and rejecting this special offer in favour of bigger business (at over twice the cost) is one way to make sure they don't succeed.

For competition to succeed against the pirates, they need praise, not doubt and condemnation. Is the doom and gloom caused by the expected result of the US election?

Linda

PS - Any offers of special treatment for our bookings, gratefully accepted.

Can you take the dogs, boggy?

regards....helen

PS I had an excellent crossing both ways despite rough seas, smiling staff, delicious coffee and cakes etc, but suggest you pay the extra £10 to get on and off quicker (you can even sit separately from the rif raf if you wish).

[quote]Can you take the dogs, boggy? regards....helen PS I had an excellent crossing both ways despite rough seas, smiling staff, delicious coffee and cakes etc, but suggest you pay the extra £10 to ge...[/quote]

I do hope so Helen, as I'm going back to UK with one of them on the 17th and paid extra for the privalage but,unforunately, sitting with the "riff-raff". I refuse to pay an extra £40 pounds just to have a cup of tea served to "er in doors" both ways. (If it had been the Mistress. I would have had no say in the matter!!!!!)

I spoke to an attendant on our SPEEDFERRY trip at the end of October - really to congratulate them on their success in introducing such a cheap channel crossing. She said that the enterprise had been so successful that they were buying SPEEDFERRY 2 ready for next year. Excellent !

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our trip to France by Speedferries, excellent trip both ways, journey up the M1 was the worst bit, traffic awful took us an hour to travel 11 miles..... could have been back in France in that time.

I am only sorry that Speedferries will not be able to take caravans, we would continue to travel with them, but having been on the boat can understand why they are not able to take them, the head room is very restricted in places and having to turn to come off could be a problem especially for really long combinations.