La Rochelle airport

Renate

I'm flying with Flybe not Ryanair. I booked some weeks ago and have my e-ticket stating La Rochelle to Birmingham. However a friend had a call from Flybe informing her that He flight in April will be from Rochfort and not La Rochelle because the airport is closed

[quote]Can anyone tell me if La Rochelle airport is open? I have booked a flight from La Rochelle for next Wednesday but some people say it's closed. I can't find any info on their website. Thanks[/quote]

I understand that Ryanair's flights to La Rochelle are actually flying to Rochefort until late April,they still were last week! You get bussed between the 2 if you have a La Rochelle ticket.Anyone know differently?

I don't know about Flybe,someone told me that it was only Ryanair flights affected but that's heresay!

Supposedly la Rochelle airport is closed for runway repairs, so it would be odd if this didn't affect both Ryanair and Flybe! AFAIK this was due to continue till April and, whereas Ryanair have changed their destination to reflect this and say Rochefort on their website, I don't think Flybe have done the same. They should, however, be able to tell you where they're flying you to!!

Jane

Hi

I think the airport couldn't accommodate all airlines whilst improvements were being made and I did see once that one of the airlines were boasting that they didnt need to relocate, cant remember where i read this, it may have been on flybe's site, I dont think there will be a problem.

Lee

From this site for La Rochelle airport, it looks as if Flybe is the only one using La Rochelle. 

The site specifically says that Airlinair flights to Lyon, and Ryanair flights to "London" (if you can call Stansted London!), are rerouted to Rochefort.
But it doesn't say that for the Flybe ones...

Angela

EDIT:
Doh!  Sorry, forgot to put the link  http://www.larochelle.aeroport.fr/

I have a number of Southampton/La Rochelle/Southampton bookings for April - business and pleasure.  FlyBe called me one week ago to say that they would be using Rochefort Airport for the month of April only due to runway repairs.  They also said it would not be a problem because they would be running a bus service from Rochefort to La Rochelle Airport.

Interesting about the facilities, Mjc...  I used Rochefort recently, having never used either it or La Rochelle before.  It was *tiny*!  Well OK, it had a loo and a small bar counter (though I was glad I had taken a picnic, as it was beseiged by would-be customers), and a portakabin outside that held the car-hire companies temporarily.

Is La Rochelle smaller than *that*? 

Angela

I eventually rang Flybe to find out if the airport was closed next Wednesday when I travel. The person who would know was not in the office but I did have a call today from Flybe who said the airport at la Rochelle is closed until 17th of April. A bus is provided from La Rochelle to the other airport. Allow about 40 mins for the bus if you are travelling. Thank's for all the replies

[quote]Interesting about the facilities, Mjc... I used Rochefort recently, having never used either it or La Rochelle before. It was *tiny*! Well OK, it had a loo and a small bar counter (though I was gla...[/quote]

Hello Angela.

I confess that my information about Rochefort airport came from Charente Maritime's official quarterly publication, which, last year, had a two page write up on the new facilities and extended runway at Rochefort, suggesting that it might be more central , and therefore more suitable, than La Rochelle.

L.R. I know is quite small, and so I believed the Charente Maritime blurb. Sorry if I (they) got it wrong!