Spelling Mistake!

Lollie

I am wondering if anyone has booked tickets with Ryanair or Flybe online, and realised they have made a spelling mistake after booking.  I have booked flights and have realised I have typed too letters the wrong way round, Aps instead of Asp on a surname. A senior moment!!!  It is a genuine error, will I get charged do you think?  Ryanair are shut today so will call tomorrow.

Lollie 

Every complaint I've read about similar mistakes usually end with the passenger having to buy another ticket, as the name on the ticket has to match the name on the passport.

You might be lucky and just have to pay a name changing fee, but this is Ryanair...[:(]

Is there anything about ticket re-issue in their T&C?

They "only" charge £70 for a name change

Passenger names can be changed up to 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure through a Ryanair reservation centre only (subject to opening hours) and upon payment of a per person name change fee of £70 and €100. Any name change made to a flight reservation must be for that individual passenger’s complete flight itinerary

I hope it wasn't on more than one ticket..........

Its not a name change, its just two letters the wrong way round, the same first name and the rest of the surname, has no one esle ever had a typing error?? The flights not until July.   I will let you know how sympathetic they are tomorrow if I can get through!!

I did the same thing with BMI.  As soon as I realised I phoned them and they just changed it on their system.  I didn't need another ticket, just my reference number, and I didnt have to pay anything.  No problems at check-in either.

I hope you get away with it but I don't think it will surprise anyone if you dont !

A little tip for the future:  When you book just use inital and surname, the shorter the name the less chance for a mistake. Having only 4 letters in my surname helps to avoid spelling errors too.........[:D]

I have flown on Ryanair, Easyjet, BMI, Eastern Airways and BA on innumerable occasions, always booking like this, and have never had any problems at all.  

Well so far,   Have not got through to Flybe, although have tried and held on  for 15 mins each time.  

Ryanair answered first time within 2minutes,  changed the spelling mistake and charged £7 admin fee.

Any tips for getting through to Flybe from France?????

Lollie

Thanks Ernie, 

I did eventually get a reply from one of those numbers who in turn gave me an email address.   They responded by email within five minutes, confirming changes done at no charge!

A reasonably cheap ending all in all, but will type slowly and clearly from now on.

Lollie

Here's a pearler for you.

About a year ago I was in Luton airport waiting to check in for an Easyjet flight to Aberdeen.

In front of me was a woman who had flown down from Aberdeen the day before and now wanted to fly back. The problem was that she had neither Passport nor photo Driving Licence but against all their own rules Easyjet in Aberdeen had allowed her to check in with a company Photo ID card and of course Luton were now refusing this.

I don't know how she got home but it certainly was not on that flight !