B.F. Offer.

Gastines

For 2 people, travelling in August and staying for 3 weeks, the cost is £145 each way. The sailings are limited to one a day, I forget the English leg but the French leg was the 09:00 sailing from Ouistreham.

Cabins (interior 2-berth) were £20 each way, total £330.

I'm not sure whether or not that is cheaper than a standard crossing, for which you get a choice of sailings, with Property Owners' Club discount.

As usual lots of smallprint. Perhaps one day someone will say it's £75 each way.any day any route and any direction. The amount it would save on advertising,administration and my stress level would make it worth while. I recently had to book my daughter and granddaughter on a Condor trip as every whichway I tried a booking with B.F. end July early August,came up as Boat Full? Perhaps they now have a preference of car + 4 +cabin?

I'm afraid all it's done for us is to travel less and less to UK unless absolutely necessary, Vital supplies of tea -bags now being about the only item bought. Most items from any country being available in Cora or Carrefour/Super.U but not a decent builders cup of tea.

Regards.

Will once told me that the best time to travel is Tuesday morning. But if I tell you that and everyone does it, it won't be... Duh!

Seriously, we are looking at using the Tunnel and facing a long drive nowadays, especially as retirement and doing the trips on a pension looms.

The tunnel won't help to eke out the pension.  I'm looking for a return crossing for the late May bank Hol.  Works out as follows for just me and a car France to UK return, 24th to 29th May

Tunnel   €190

P&O   € 115

Speedferries €84

Norfolk line (Dunkerque) €76

I'm still trying to justify to myself the extra 100 euros for the Tunnel, or just get more sticky plaster for behind the ears.

Our comparison was against BF, Portsmouth-Caen, with cabin. We saved

about £260 (enough for a new workbench). The hassle will be the long

drive and petrol costs, but even an overnight stop in an Ibis would

save us money.

The problem with ferries is that, like you, my wife travels badly in rough weather.

If you travel regularly, the tunnel is much cheaper than that.  It has just cost me £70 as a frequent traveller, to go to the UK for three weeks in August. (Travelling times are restricted but not that badly and you can pay a little extra to upgrade to peak periods.)

I don't beliieeve it! I booked a week ago and it cost us for 4 days £217.00 Poole Cherbourg return with Cabin one way (car 2 people) and discount on 12th May. I looked today and due to the new special offer I could have had the same trip £ 34 cheaper!! So it does not pay to book early!!