Take your seats - getting the best seat on an 'plane

Ian

[quote user="Ford Anglia"][quote user="LEO"]

[quote user="Ian"]Take a look at this site called seat guru it shows you all the best seats and all the cr#ppy ones too. Useful for online seat picking.
[/quote]

But the  Germans will  still put their towels down first?

[/quote]

How racist......[Www]

[/quote]

Light hearted ,accuracy!

Handy site but unfortunately these days, on long haul flights at least, the airlines seem to prefer to pre-allocate your seat(s) and you have little say in it.

When we went to NZ a couple of years ago we found this out too late and got stuck with cra**y seats for the outbound trip and no chance to change them. To ensure we got the seat's of our choice for the return we had to actually go to Singapore Airline's office in Auckland to specifically request them.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that was meant jokingly otherwise it's a ridiculous comment.

When our supposed leaders and those who frivolously squander obscene quantities of resources on a daily basis take the lead by example (and I don't mean "pretending" as one conspicuous person does by riding a bike for effect when the press are watching) then I just MIGHT start to take a bit more notice of the doomsayers.

Besides, by decamping from a tiny overcrowded and virtually gridlocked island where the journey to work was tortuous 80m round trip, only possible by car because of a total lack of viable public transport, I think we've gone a good way to doing our "bit", so if we want to fly somewhere once in a while then we damn well will !

[quote user="ErnieY"]

Handy site but unfortunately these days, on long haul flights at least, the airlines seem to prefer to pre-allocate your seat(s) and you have little say in it.

When we went to NZ a couple of years ago we found this out too late and got stuck with cra**y seats for the outbound trip and no chance to change them. To ensure we got the seat's of our choice for the return we had to actually go to Singapore Airline's office in Auckland to specifically request them.

[/quote]

Some airlines do pre-allocate seats BUT with some you can register with them and go to their website and change to seats of your choice (providing they have not already been allocated).

Paul