Fall in Pound/Euro

Frederick

I thought I was  dreaming this morning as  on Radio 4 Today  as I thought I heard a comment the governement was prepared  to see the pound fall below the euro  .....I have just Googled Guardian report....yesturday Birmingham Airport exchange   £200 now gets you 199.63 Euros  ....

Nothing really new about bad rates at the airports. But the pound is still sliding against the Euro.

I wonder if the French will come to Britain buy our houses as they become cheaper and rent them to French holiday makers?

We have some nice cheeses here too, the language is similar and I am sure we could get the law changed so they can wear the Gillets [:D]

Don't know if this is the right place to post this question, I'm sure it will be moved if not, my question, is this, is their anyone to could tell me what the cost of living is like in the uk, the area I'm interested in would be the west country, i.e Devon, what would two people pay for, gas. electricity, council tax, car tax plus food shopping, hope I'm asking the impossible, thanks alot.