" Pissst wanna buy a tunnel "

Frederick

[quote user="velcorin"]The British state has no investment in any of the companies associated with the direct operation of the Channel Tunnel. Where's this story come from?[/quote]

I believe the what the story refers to is the Channel Tunnel RAIL LINK - ie the line known as High Speed One, which is effectively owner by LCR which is effectively owned by the UK Govt. I use the word "effectively" to indicate that it is a complex mess.

Regards

Pickles

Had me worried for a moment there. I was positive it was mainly the French banks that stumped up the money after Mitterand promised to bail out Credit Lyonnais for the umpteenth time. I never could work out why anyone would voluntarily invest in a hole in the ground.[:D]

I know nothing about high-finance and all that goes with it.

I do know that once you sell your assets they are gone forever, the gold that Gorgon sold at a knock-down price nine years ago, being a good example.

It's not just the tunnel stuff either, Mandleson mentioned land and other assets.

Fools with short-term brains....................

[quote user="Bugbear"].....  Mandleson mentioned land and other assets. Fools with short-term brains.................... .[/quote]

Don't mention Mandleson in my presence! How can this be a democracy when the guy hasn't even been elected?? !! [:-))]

Sid