London Brive from June with cityjet

osie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a full page in this week's "La Vie Quercynoise" about the new airport.

Only 10 days until the first flights to/from Orly and then another 10 days until the Docklands service starts. Sadly the €59 all-in fare is described as "promotional" with a hint of €70 to come. As Cityjet propose using a 95 seater for a Fri/Sat/Sun service over the summer we will just have to wait and see.

John

That is unfortunate that the €59 rate is just temporary. [:(] I was worried that they may not be able to compete price wise with Ryanair.

Having said that the City Jet fee says there are no hidden charges and all taxes are included. Many times once you have entered everything on line with Ryanair the charges really mount up, for example the €10 credit card fee!

I am also disappointed to see that City Jet will only be available for three months of the year so will have to use Ryanair for any other time. After all the worrying by Bergerac airport it looks like they needn't after all because they run all year round not just a few months.

• 1 month later...
On my way home from Brive today I decided to investigate the new facility.

There are 4 check in desks so some expansion is anticipated. But there is a shortage of sitting down space - about 15 plastic chairs around 4 tables, 6 bar type stools with a couple of high tables clustered around a coffee vending machine and that is it ast in the "hello and welcome" area. Natch I have no idea as to what is available after check in.

The car park getting out ticket machine bears several pieces of paper/sticky tape possibly to prevent the use of credit cards - well, the place has been open for over a month.

Perhaps it livens up neare landing time.

John

A random date , sample prices.

Outbound: Brive la Gaillard (Souillac) - London Saturday 14 August 2010 

11:20   Brive la Gaillard (Souillac) (BVE)
11:55   London (LCY)
1:350 stop(s)flight details
CITY VALUE €98.50
CITY PLUS €238.50
Return: London - Brive la Gaillard (Souillac) Friday 20 August 2010 

14:35   London (LCY)
17:10   Brive la Gaillard (Souillac) (BVE)
1:350 stop(s)flight details
CITY VALUE €123.63
CITY PLUS €263.63

My husband flew back from Brive last Saturday. We were quite surprised to see how empty it was compared to Bergerac. He got the €59 price and we only booked it less than a week in advance. He said the flight was excellent and nothing like Ryanair. They offer drinks sandwiches etc.. more leg room and no threat of charging for the loo.[:)]

I read recently that bookings are only at 25% capacity so not a very popular flight at the moment.

[quote user="Iceni"]So all this customer care gains you nothing. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen. John[/quote]

[:D]

I think I read that Cityjet will only be flying to City airport during the summer. If that is the case the new airport will only have the one flight to Paris. It seems a lot of trouble and expense for just that. [8-)]