Limoges airport

aunt sally

[quote user="elamessa"]When you leave the airport, you place your parking ticket in the machine opposite the terminal building and it will tell you how much you owe, you then pay using € or card. simples[/quote]

Quite.  I seem to remember Victoria Wood doing a sketch along these lines.

Not that hard shurely??!!

[quote user="Hoddy"]It isn't hard if you have a French card. If you can't scrape the cash together you can get a taxi to the nearest cashpoint, get some money out, drive back to the airport, pay the taxi and then feed the machine. Hoddy[/quote]

Or you could walk back into the terminal building and use the cashpoint there .[Www]

I have a French bank card and normally it works at the car park ticket machine at Limoges. On two occasions however it has refused to accept the card. There is a manned cark parking counter inside the car hire building, directly opposite the terminal and next to the two machines, and if you ask there they will take payment in cash or produce the small handheld card reader which always seems to work.

Incidentally there is another car park machine in the main terminal, in the corner on the right as you look at the building from the road, and this is usually quiet when there is a queue at the two machines outside.

You could Krusty but if that doesn't take British cards either and if there is no one at the parking desk and your request for information when it might be manned is greeted by a shrug, what then ?

I repeat my advice to the OP. Take plenty of cash.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]You could Krusty but if that doesn't take British cards either and if there is no one at the parking desk and your request for information when it might be manned is greeted by a shrug, what then ? I repeat my advice to the OP. Take plenty of cash. Hoddy[/quote]

I always keep a couple of thousand euro notes in 200 denomination; it can be used ALL over europe and even in Tesco check-outs.

All much simpler down here.

With typical Provencal pragmatism, the barriers in and out of the car park have both been busted (as in driven through) for months. Not the first time either. It's probably seen as cheaper to leave them be rather than pay to get them fixed.[Www]