European Monsoon !

This morning the UK weather forcaster referring to the very wet weather we are experiencing  and the inches to come today  said it was part of the.......... "European Monsoon "..... never heard that before .....monsoon season for Europe is somthing new !

They were on in the UK this morning reckoning that the monthly UK average rainfall for June is just over 2".

All I can say, given recent Junes, is that either there are some VERY DRY areas of the UK, or records go back to the last time we had global warming.[;-)]

Buckets outside my house have had over 2" in on FOUR seperate occasions so far this June and smaller amounts on most days in the last three weeks.

Are we actually going to HAVE a summer this year? And last year wasn't all that good either[:(]

Getting a bit fed up now. Yes, I wanted the rain a month ago to fill my reservoir. Now it isn't funny anymore. Last year here in 22 it was hot, may June July, August brought the first bit of rain some real downpours. This year I make a nice reservoir for the expected drought.......and then look what happens

So Trumpet .....Its you who we blame for the jinx then ? .....I am back in 85 Thursday with family from Australia who are not worried a bit by going out in waterproofs......they are off in heavy rain to look at Corf Castle this morning ! .....I want to take them to Puy de Fou  . so it ...  JUST HAS....  to turn sunny next week .

Ahh lovely Dorset. Used to live in Stour Provost. Yes, I reckon I am to blame. The reservoir has now become a pond. Frogs and all sorts, even some fresh water turtles I think....still waiting for Chris to get back to me on that one.

[quote user="trumpet"]

Getting a bit fed up now. Yes, I wanted the rain a month ago to fill my reservoir. Now it isn't funny anymore. Last year here in 22 it was hot, may June July, August brought the first bit of rain some real downpours. This year I make a nice reservoir for the expected drought.......and then look what happens

.[/quote]

Ah, so it's YOUR fault then? Were you never warned about the dangers of tyrying to hoard water, or washing your car in lovely weather?

Guilty as charged I reckon. As for the car dare not wash that might find loads of things wrong with it. Plus the reason I am logging on to this site so often......all the downpours. Just get started outside then washout. Wind is picking up now. (outside I mean)

Right, FINALLY it's stopped raining here in the North Midlands. Flooding everywhere across the midlands, Sheffield, Hull, Louth, Lincoln particularly badly hit according to local news. Three dead[:(]

Anyway, just out of interest, the bucket outside my back door had OVER 6" of water in it when I emptied it.[blink]

With my pedant's hat on, can it actually be a 'monsoon' ?

I thought a monsoon was specifically seasonal rains in the Indian sub-continent caused by wet air from the Indian or Arabian oceans. 

If we're getting that over here now then climate change is worse than I thought

Apparantly, in England, there is going to be a summer, its booked for July 15!! The one and only dry warm day, according to the weather people and the papers!

So reserve your spot on the beach now!!

Here in 79, its getting warmer towards the end of the week and following..... upto about 31 I believe, its about time we had some sun, after all the wind and rain

Oh to even see the sun again!  Raining here right now on a dismal, cold, July day.  I put the CH back on - shamefull.

I suppose it the fact its Wimbledon forthnight (month at this rate), then the Hampton Court Flower Show, as well as Glastonbury that causes the Gods to empty buckets onto us with a smirk on their faces.   And yes, after that one warm day July 15th we will be back on a hosepipe ban again