Just need one word to mend my lawnmower!

Hi

Probably not a question asked that often, but does anyone know what the French is for "circlip"? I need to get one to mend the lawnmower and can't find a translation anywhere. Any help appreciated although with this weather I'm not sure why I am bothering to even think about cutting the grass

Richard

This reply will probably be interpreted as patronising but here goes anyway

If you search for "translation" in Google one of the links will be to Babelfish which allows you to translate English/French and many others. One of the added advantages is that far less typing is required than your original post.

John - trying to help others to help themselves or just trying ?

Funny, I usually need more than one word to fix my lawnmower.  After pulling on the starter cord for a while and working up a good sweat, I normally stand back and shout 'WILL YOU START YOU B@R$/#D'  at it.  At this point I notice the lead to the spark plug has come loose .........[Www]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Funny, I usually need more than one word to fix my lawnmower.  After pulling on the starter cord for a while and working up a good sweat, I normally stand back and shout 'WILL YOU START YOU B@R$/#D'  at it.  At this point I notice the lead to the spark plug has come loose .........[Www][/quote]

Funny, that sounds a lot like Mr Cat trying to start his chainsaw.  Almost all of the gros mots that I know in French are due to that  ###***!!! de ###!!!***  de !!!***### chainsaw [:$]  But even better than it not starting, is when it stops suddenly (usually mid-cut and jammed in a tree trunk).  That's advanced gros mots territory! And once extracted from the ###***!!! de !!###*** tree, who'd have thought a chainsaw could bounce, if thrown hard enough.