Re GRETA

ams

Has anyone had any experience of using GRETA for learning french. We are going tomorrow, apparently the classes are free and last for 3 hours and are held twice a week. Our level of french will be tested tomorrow, a bit like the first day of school. !!!!

ams

Our teacher used to be paid by the Brit-French association that we joined (though only for classes).

Then, this year, GRETA's taken her over and we have the same excellent lessons for free.  Not only do we learn the language, she teaches us about many aspects of life in France, all things to do with the culture, social faux pas included.

Wish it was twice a week and 3 hours though.  Ours are only hour and a half and once a week, though I go with the OH to his beginners' class and my own intermediate class on another day.

I did the GRETA french classes about 4 years ago in Ribérac.  The teacher was excellent (Isabel).  But the classes certainly weren't free.  At the time it was roughly €120 a term though there was the possibility once of  sitting an interview that  gave me entitlement to an additional written french course of an hour or two a week.

[quote user="Lisleoise"]I did the GRETA french classes about 4 years ago in Ribérac.  The teacher was excellent (Isabel).  But the classes certainly weren't free.  At the time it was roughly €120 a term though there was the possibility once of  sitting an interview that  gave me entitlement to an additional written french course of an hour or two a week.
[/quote]I believe they are free if you are signed on as unemployed.

Our classes are totally free and we get lots of photostats, etc.  In return, we have to go to a French secondary school later on in the year and give a talk each to the French teenagers about some topic of our choice.