Piger le texto

Christine Animal

I can sort of understand how one would want to abbreviate some words, and how it becomes a semi-code within a particular age group (roughly speaking).

But I cannot work out how it is easier to write "mwa" instead of "moi". Really cannot see the interest in that.[:-))]

[quote user="5-element"]

I can sort of understand how one would want to abbreviate some words, and how it becomes a semi-code within a particular age group (roughly speaking).

But I cannot work out how it is easier to write "mwa" instead of "moi". Really cannot see the interest in that.[:-))]

[/quote]

Ah, that's because "m" "w" and "a" each require you to press the key just once (each letter being the first one on that particular key) whereas to write "moi" requires you to press the keypad 7 times in total (I think....can't be bothered to go and find my phone to check).

There's a whole new language evolving from textspeak vis predictive text (brought to my attention by the beloved Stephen Fry). For example, you might hear a member of "a particular age group" referring to something as "well book", meaning "well cool" (I can hear grammatical purists cringeing across most of continental Europe). This is simply because when you try to enter "cool" into a moile using predictive text, it'll give you "book" as the preferred alternative.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]

Ah, that's because "m" "w" and "a" each require you to press the key just once (each letter being the first one on that particular key) whereas to write "moi" requires you to press the keypad 7 times in total
[/quote]

Of course, I was thinking keyboard not texting, silly me,... thanks Betty, now it makes sense.