What is the answer?

MrCanary

Everybody who speaks French much more fluently than me seems to have a different answer for this...

OK, mathematically some of them have to agree, but what do you think?

Translate this from English to French...

"We miss you" ('you' being plural)

[quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="pachapapa"]le ferrari me manque[/quote]

......La Ferrari assuming this is a car you are talking about.

[/quote]Is this un auto or une voiture?  

Eric I know you are correct but it has always seemed a little unclear to me because there are words of both genders which translate to car in English.

Thanks.  I am seriously rubbish at gender (shut up WoolyB!) and my major blind spot is words beginning with vowels as they are so often taught with the definite article.  It's your language, Eric, I am sure you are not mistaken![:)]

Sorry, Mel, to digress.[:$]

[quote user="Mel"]Everybody who speaks French much more fluently than me seems to have a different answer for this... OK, mathematically some of them have to agree, but what do you think? Translate this from English to French... "We miss you" ('you' being plural)[/quote]

For me it should be "Vous nous manquez". I always translate it in my head as "you are missed by us".

Hope that helps

[geek]

FairyNuff

[quote user="ericd"]Unless I am mistaking, car translated into French can only be feminin.[/quote]

Une voiture, une caisse, une tire, une charette, une poubelle, une deuch (2cv), une automobile......help me now....what else????